This evenings storm

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
so this forum has been a bit dead lately. thought I would share my storm status. the forecast was calling for some potential bad storms late this afternoon. Never trust the weatherman and glad I wasn't out boating. we were down in southern maryland picking up my truck out of the shop and I wondered if we were still going to get the heavy storms. as I headed home, I had to make a pit stop and get some sweet tea for the hour ride home. as I headed home I could see the dark storm clouds brewing and lightening and thunder get strong. I got a call from the wife when I was about 15 or 20 minutes from the house in Huntingtown. I could tell something wasn't right when she asked where the hell I was. i asked what was wrong and she said there was a tree fallen over our road about an 1/8 of a mile from our house. another damn maple tree that was leaning over. Glad I removed the maple tree at the end of my drive last year. so tired of it breaking off large limbs and occasionally blocking the drive but we all have 4x4 and wouldn't hesitate driving around in the yard no matter what the weather conditions are. she said it was coming down in buckets with hail. when I got there the neighbor whose tree fell over must of heard my diesel and came out with the umbrella as 45 degrees to greet me. I asked if he could point out where his sprinkler heads were so I could drive by. He said are you serious. I said kinda, then said no I am not in that of a hurry to drive home and can hump it till the rain stops and we can cut it up.

on a positive note, we still have power and cable as I type. I would've bet we would of already lost power and cable as there are trees and limbs down all over the place and heavy thunderstorms predicted till 10-11pm tonight.

Hope everyone is safe and dry out there.

Tailfeathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Had the trees swaying, heavy rain pounding for a while all the way down here in the Fredericksburg Va. area. Lights didnt even flicker.