This weekend's weather...

pluffmud

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Let's see if we get a decent push. This will probably be my last hoorah for this season... It's been a sad state of affairs for waterfowl hunting for the past few years, this year definitely takes my cake. If y'all kill em, let's see em.

Pot Hole

Elite Refuge Member
Sponsor
Reaction score
Looks like eastern NC may get some freezing precipitation out of this storm. For us, rain then snow (1-3 inches expected). With the storm coming up from the south, not sure how much of a push we'll get

The Mad Duck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
To get a push due to weather, the weather needs t0 be coming from the north and pushing birds south, not from the south pushing north

pluffmud

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
This is true, but not always. I've seen pushes of birds from Southern moving systems. Decent in my opinion bill be any, as they have been non existent for a month.

Tomstoswans486

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Either birds coming down, or moving north. Maybe shoot a pretty fully plumed BW Teal this weekend! Never know. Y'all be safe if you're in a boat Saturday. It's going to be thumping a little.

Larry Welch

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Going to try it, still looking "the hunt", you know the one that keeps you going all off season.

JFG

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Weather did us right, shot some birds this am. Prior weeks before, nada.

pluffmud

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Glad you did something. It seems that all that weather did for us is drive the remaining wood ducks out... No new birds at all here.

Larry Welch

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
We fought the wind, snow, and cold and had the best bigwater hunt of our year.
20220129_160232.jpg

Latest posts