Thought I'd watch some goose hunting videos today...

Scobrey

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Colorado, skillfully avoiding the liberal plague
Had some time before work and decided to watch some youtube fun. I won't say the channel I wound up on. First group guy clearly fires 7 rounds. I immediately think HOLY CHIT. Looked at the description and it says you can have 7 in the early season. I'm thinking that could be fun. Being the curious type, I go to the proper states regs, 6 shells are allowed, which is awesome but sure not 7.

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Kinda like floating a fourth?
whether floating a 4th or shooting 7 you would think some yahoo would verify what the regs are before selling a video or posting it on public site. someone who was a pro staff for a major decoy company posted a late season RP goose hunt in a zone I knew wasn't in the late season RP zone and said where they were hunting. I recognized the farm which is just up the road from me and reached out to someone I knew who knew him and suggested they take down their video and where they were hunting and when and it came down quickly. some folks are to stupid to know they are self incriminating themselves when they post chit on the internet for everyone to see.

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Had some time before work and decided to watch some youtube fun. I won't say the channel I wound up on. First group guy clearly fires 7 rounds. I immediately think HOLY CHIT. Looked at the description and it says you can have 7 in the early season. I'm thinking that could be fun. Being the curious type, I go to the proper states regs, 6 shells are allowed, which is awesome but sure not 7.
How did Bobby explain that?

DrakeStar

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Floating a fourth? Never heard that term before. I assume that's 4 dead ducks on the water at once?
Foiles made the term famous.

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Where is that at ? I honestly thought that plugged guns were part of the migratory bird treaty.
Didn't know it was legal for anything other than spring snows .
Must have been a early season to reduce a local population?

Latest posts