Thought I'd watch some goose hunting videos today...

Billy Bob

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Aall you want to do is shoot your gun, go to a trap range. I'm going to shoot my six ducks. If you keep shooting after hitting your limit, enjoy your ticket.
A friend of mine was always limited first with 35+ shells. It drove him crazy that I would wait for the shots I wanted and have 3-4 ducks when he limited. He would then keep shooting and putting them in my pile. This was every hunt. I kept telling him I can shoot my own birds. 1 day I had had enough and decided to send a message. He limited, I had 5, flock of Wigeon comes in and he kills 2, a teal comes down the creek and I drop it. He yells stop you just put us over. I said "I" still need 1. You can guess where the convo went after that.

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys remember the goose hunting video from a few years ago where they were hiding in a treeline and the one guy was cooking breakfast and his nose was running like a faucet? It may sound funny, but it' s not.

Soggy Socks

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
By the book game warden I was hunting turkeys with talked about this. He said we can tell who shot the birds,I said we cant even tell about them all. He said if there is one bird to go only one guy should be shooting. I agreed with that.

DrakeStar

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys remember the goose hunting video from a few years ago where they were hiding in a treeline and the one guy was cooking breakfast and his nose was running like a faucet? It may sound funny, but it' s not.
Snot enhanced gravy and being able to pull the ol' "circus geek", don't get much better in entertainment.

hotbeer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
That was the one where they yelled chop em to call the shot? Or something

Drundel

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Had some time before work and decided to watch some youtube fun. I won't say the channel I wound up on. First group guy clearly fires 7 rounds. I immediately think HOLY CHIT. Looked at the description and it says you can have 7 in the early season. I'm thinking that could be fun. Being the curious type, I go to the proper states regs, 6 shells are allowed, which is awesome but sure not 7.

Shell limits, dumbest rule ever. If I am allowed 4 birds, why does it matter if I can get all 4 in one volley or 2, 3, 4, etc.

The faster I am out of the field, the better for everyone and everything.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the book game warden I was hunting turkeys with talked about this. He said we can tell who shot the birds,I said we cant even tell about them all. He said if there is one bird to go only one guy should be shooting. I agreed with that.

Unless he misses. :yes:l:l

Blackduck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't really enjoy party hunting in big groups. But any group, be it 10 or 2, you better shoot better than the average if you want "your 6". Sometimes I'm better than average, most of the time really, but I've hunted with groups where I know I didn't get all of "mine". Oh well, need to miss less next time. If you want your six, and everyone else is done and you are at 4, we're going in and you're 2 short. We aren't waiting around busting into more birds because you're a bad shot.

You guys who hunt out west, different story perhaps. From my little experience out there, even on public I would wait for 1 prime drake each of 6 or 7 different species to build my limit. We don't have that luxury in the east, so we shoot a legal limit quick and leave and hope something else is left to attract more for next week.

Latest posts