Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Thought provoking

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by CAF, Mar 31, 2021.

1. CAF

CAF Senior Refuge Member

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I find it to be intellectually lazy and lacking journalistic integrity.

yaaintdeadyet and J.Bennett like this.
  3. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

It’s a good read and certainly should be a side of the coin that gets just as much credence as those who are all for it.

I, like the rest of you, hate every other duck hunter I encounter from September 1st until the water freezes up around thanksgiving. If you aren’t part of my hunting party, pound sand. I don’t want to see an increase in Duck hunters. Recruit your replacement, but new hunters are more often those who sky bust. It bothers me to even bring family members who have never hunted out. That means even less solitude as they will always want to go along.

But we all get to have an opinion.

4. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

So were you born a "duck hunter?" No you weren't, you had to start somewhere. I've introduced a couple of younger guys to the sport of Waterfowling and they LOVE it! And THAT'S MY opinion!

widgeon, BigSkyDuk, nobands and 3 others like this.
  5. Neighbor Guy

As far as small game and deer hunting goes. Blame the outfitters and trophy hunting mentality. Used to be nobody cared about letting kids go squirrel hunting on their place. Now they are afraid they will get hurt and their parents will sue. Or they will scare all of “their” deer away.

Most kids get their starts with a .22 chasing greys around the woods. Now they are more likely to stay home and play video games.

I’ve said it before, my kids high school trap team has (6) kids who hunt. Out of 60 kids. Only two duck hunters out of those (6), because they have hunted with me.

6. Neighbor Guy

I’m happy for you, but the only adults who I have introduced to the sport have done nothing but destroy and over hunt the areas that were once unknown and high quality spots. I will not introduce another adult to the sport.

I will hunt with youth, but I’ve been burned by too many adults.

7. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

IMO - from a revenue standpoint (the feds and state are constantly saying "we need more money to accomplish a, b, or c") - fees need to be raised in a fashion that the 20% of the guys who shoot 80% of the ducks are paying a greater share of the conservation freight. Or maybe the feds-state need to do a better job of how our dollars are spent. Or both.

FriedPotatoes likes this.
  8. Sam Ortmann

Sam Ortmann Senior Refuge Member

So you’re arguing for a graduated duck tax? Why should successful hunters have to pay more than unsuccessful hunters? :scratch

oleww and Billy Bob like this.
  9. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

With all of the leasing going causing crowding on public lands we certainly do not need more hunters on that already crowded land. When access becomes crowded and harder to find, people quit hunting. Leasing will be the end of hunting by pushing other hunters out of the sport and causing it to be too expensive for the average hunter allowing anti's to push their agenda.

10. Holesinthesky

Holesinthesky Senior Refuge Member

Isn’t that how welfare works?
    DUCK WELFARE!

riverrat47 and Sam Ortmann like this.