Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Thought provoking

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by CAF, Mar 31, 2021.

1. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Sad to say but, in general, antis tend to be more vocal than those that support hunting.

2. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Antis are more vocal about everything. A handful make more noise that every conservative combined. That squeaky wheel stuff...

3. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

Yep, and the squeak wheel gets greased—unless greasing it cuts off a major revenue stream.

KENNEDY63 and OneShotBandit like this.
  4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

But it doesn't take near as much revenue to operate closed refuges. Does anyone really think the if the number of waterfowl hunters takes a serious hit the antis will step up and fill in the lost revenue? NOT going to happen.

letmwurk likes this.
  5. FriedPotatoes

FriedPotatoes Elite Refuge Member

theyll be too busy paying reparations

KENNEDY63 likes this.
  6. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

This thread is ridiculous and to get into the minds of duck hunters is truly an experience. In what world would it be better to have less duck hunters in times that are increasingly anti-hunting n anti-gun?

riverrat47 and Sam Ortmann like this.
  7. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Wow, I agree with @KENNEDY63 on something.:grvn Curious though, how many tags per duck stamp would be fair? I think the average ducks per hunter in Minnesota is about 6 or 7 depending on the year. Yet there are many hunters that kill a hundred or more. Tags would not necessarily need to be tied to a specific license. They could be bought and sold on the open market. As much as I like the idea, it will never happen.

8. hobbydog

Have you ever heard of the concept where there are to many deer and they over browse an area and then die off in a bad winter. Similar concept, too many hunters and too little resource to hunt and hunters on the margin will die off. (Find better ways to spend their hard earned dollars.) I don’t fear the antis. I do concern myself with the image we portray to the average public who do not have a strong opinion on the subject.

I am fortunate to have excellent access to public hunting with little completion from other hunters. If that changed due to a bunch of newbies crowding me out and skybusting everything in sight I could easily give it up and pursue late fall season fishing.

KENNEDY63 likes this.
  9. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

This is not a logical argument. Duck hunter numbers are declining. There may not be duck hunting in 30 years but somehow we should discourage others from our hunting tradition?

10. hobbydog

Not discourage, but strive for quality over quantity. I promise you there will be duck hunting in 30 years. Maybe not in your overpopulated corner of the world, but as habituate shrinks due to population growth, so will the hunters. If not, Ohio would have as many duck hunters as Minnesota......despite Minnesota having an abundance of other fall outdoor opportunities to lure duck hunters away.