California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Tim Grounds/Ken White-Super Speck

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by EL GURU, Mar 11, 2021.

1. EL GURU

EL GURU Elite Refuge Member

Wondering if any of you guys have tried it and what you thought about it.

2. Specialbelly

Specialbelly Senior Refuge Member

I like the sound of it, I can run it very fast/responsive. Can’t get ear ringing loud on it but that’s honestly probably a plus. Realistic but hard to switch from my riceland to a small gut call on the fly.

EL GURU likes this.
  3. greenheadguy09

greenheadguy09 Senior Refuge Member

I just bought one this month. It's simple to operate but I'm still getting acquainted with it. I really love the pitch and sound on it.

EL GURU likes this.
  4. EL GURU

EL GURU Elite Refuge Member

That’s what I’m hearing about it from the few reviews that I’ve seen, easy to use. My speck calling capability is average at best so I’m hoping it’s a call that I can grow into, rather than go into the drawer with the rest of the boneyard.

5. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

It’s a very good call for a wide variety of skill levels...

You guys with good basic skills will really benefit from the overall design quality of the call...Welborn User picked right up on a coco/pearl Super Speck, and was off to the races...

Those that suck, like me, should at least see better results, which is all I could hope for!

6. whackem29

whackem29 Senior Refuge Member

The call has a great pitch you can get it high and loud on the yodels and squeals to low and ground talk it’s a pretty user friendly I used one all season and I’d say I’m really happy with it! I did get to hunt with an outstanding speck caller a couple times this season and the way he could make that call sound was sickening! In a good way!

hunt'ngreen and EL GURU like this.
  7. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

I like it. Haven’t ran it a lot but feel like it’s a call I will eventually be able to make the right noises with.

That’ll be a first for me with a speck call

EL GURU and hunt'ngreen like this.
  8. laughing mallard

laughing mallard Elite Refuge Member

Ken did a great job on this call. Very easy for someone with limited skills like myself to operate. Ken’s modified Olt calls are pretty sweet as well.

Dakillaofnada, mudhen and EL GURU like this.
  9. Dakillaofnada

Dakillaofnada Elite Refuge Member

Really good call, hits everything you want. I also like his double reed as well

EL GURU likes this.
  10. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

High end calls are only as good as the guy behind it .... The name Tim Grounds alone will sell these calls at the 200.00 price point ... I used to buy all the newest latest and greatest calls on the market and they all sounded pretty much the same to me ... Because I could run them , but put them in the hands of a couple of my buddies that can't call too good and they sounded like crap .... Walk before you can run !
    I'll keep my Riceland , used to it and can run it almost as good as my honker calls now that I've practiced ... A lot ...
    Wanna be a great caller instead of a below average caller on all your calls .....
    Those calls you put away till next season ... Need to be run daily for 20/30 min till the season starts .... if you want to good at anything It takes Practice and a lot of it ...