Time for New Tires

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by 10gaBBB, Aug 22, 2018.

1. bgoldhunter

bgoldhunter Senior Refuge Member

Ran an off road shop for a few years...I'm sold on Toyos.

That said, Duratracs were the best snow/ice tire I've ever run.

2. 10gaBBB

10gaBBB Elite Refuge Member

After a ton of research, I decided on the Falken AT3w tires. Seems to be best value and quality for the $.

3. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Great topic! I am currently looking for new truck tires (04 GMC Sierra 4x4) LT 245 75 R16's...mostly highway, good traction in rain, light off road use here in Florida. The Wrangler HT's were not very good or provide much traction in rain. Would welcome any suggestions!

4. Stormer

Stormer New Member

I agree with 10ga, two winters and 22,000 miles (mostly pavement) and they still look great. Just rotated last week and only show 15% wear.

5. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Just got 4 Cooper RTX's for my 04 Sierra. Good discount but that went when I had to replace the two rear brakes and a couple of wheel studs. Used to be you needed mudders here on the WMA's but the last decade they graded the main roads, added gravel and elevation so 4x4 not essential. The RTX's so far ride smooth and quiet, and hopefully will be better on the highway when the deluges come. Definitely helps on some of our boat ramps that get soupy now and then.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

7. Junior Samples

Junior Samples New Member

stevena, which AT3's did you get, the 4S or the LT. The LT offers some features I'd like to take advantage of but I'd like to stay away from excessive road noise. If you have the LT's and a quiet ride, that's the direction I'll go.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

AT3 XLT. Much quieter that’s the KO2s I just took off, and I went up a 1/2” in height and 10mm in width.

9. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I've had Goodyears, Firestones, Hankook, Coopers on my trucks and Jeeps. My latest set of tires is Falken AT3w and I think my search for the best tire (for me) is over.