Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Time waits for no man

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Jun 16, 2020.

1. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

No one gets to choose their time. I've tried to live a life that prepared me for eternity.
    I will greatly miss a cold IPA if there are none in heaven. Probably miss it more if I'm in H**l :dv
    As for rock and roll ....
    Screenshot_20200616-193658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fowler267 likes this.
  2. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

I've banged my fair share, had more money than I needed a few yrs ago, which helped in sacking up a few that would otherwise be unbangable. If I died tomorrow I'd be fine with it. That being said, I'm in no hurry to die mainly for my amazing wives sake, we live life like it's our last day pretty much yr round.

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  3. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Well... I am not ready to welcome the sweet embrace of death just yet... I'd love to meet my future grandchildren some day... And get some revenge on my children.

With a family and young children being dependent on me for income (the wife works at my practice)... I have actually become far more cautious in my activities. Areas that I would hike into and fish alone, I would no longer do. I still hunt alone, but the wife knows were I am, and if I am spending the night, I generally text that I am still alive...

Had some really close calls, and one in particular gave me some time to really think about death... Got trapped while scuba diving at night... Separated from my partner, she had the foresight to go back to the boat, and get them to search for me. I would be dead had it been daylight (as I was able to use my flashlight for them to find me). I can tell you this, 30 minutes is a long time to contemplate life when it looks like it is about to end...

4. Gander

Gander Elite Refuge Member

I was run over by a car when I was 2 years old. Fortunately the doctors were able to bring me back to life. At 52 years old i have done a lot. My life is so busy today because i live every minute doing what i enjoy. I won't be one of those guys looking back and wishing i would have done more. I challenge myself every day. If i go tomorrow I'm cool with that. Just hope people remember me as the guy who squeezed life for all it was worth.

Squaller and TheDuckSlayer like this.
  5. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Feel like I "made my peace with it" long ago. But we'll see...

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Too much left I want to do. My father was the first male Cooksey to live past 50. He made it to 72, was diagnosed with cancer on a Friday and died the following Wednesday.

salthunter and TheDuckSlayer like this.
  7. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'm thinking my mom's parents died in their 50's (I never met them). My dad's dad died early and dad died at 57 almost 16 years ago.
    I'll be 48 in a month or so and wonder if I only have about 10 years left.

The thought of death and not being around to see my kids grow, to not see what transpires with the world, no more duck hunting etc is rather upsetting. I guess as long as I go quick and don't know it, I'm fine with it.

I consider myself agnostic, so is there anything after this life?...I dunno. That itself is kinda scary, too.

widgeon likes this.
  8. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Heavy metal music makes me wish I were dead.

brentbullets and riverrat47 like this.
  9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

As a believer, I don't really have concerns for myself except that I'm really hoping to have a chance at being a grandfather. There are plenty of other things I want to do, but helping raise another generation of family is something I look forward to.

10. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Sorry guys when I got home last night my cousin from Jacksonville who I haven’t seen in 5 years was there and hit me with, “Hey Cuz I need to hide out here for about a week.”

thanks for the replies, I’ll read them shortly.