Tinnitus

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Squaller, Aug 7, 2019.

1. JDO

JDO Refuge Member

If you have tinnitus, you should definitely get your hearing checked. I've had tinnitus for years and finally got an audiogram. Turns out I have mild to moderate hearing loss and I got some hearing aids. The micro-electronics in the new hearing aids are pretty amazing. Mine are very comfortable and practically invisible and have made a huge difference in my life. They've also made the tinnitus a lot less noticeable. AND I can turn them off when shooting (shotgun) and they work like ear plugs.

2. Russnutt209

Russnutt209 Senior Refuge Member

Have had tinnitus since the first ied that popped my ear drums in 04. Mine will get so bad I get vertigo. This honestly helps the most out of everything I have tried.

Wareagle1 likes this.
  3. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Have a set of their standard molded plugs. Pretty comfortable.

4. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

How long does this last for you? Just did it and it is working so far (a few minutes).

Frenchy in AK and Russnutt209 like this.
  5. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Elite Refuge Member

Just tried this myself, seemed like it initially helped, but for me not for very long. After decades of tinnitus don’t expect much to help. I’d say try it though for sure.

widgeon likes this.
  6. Russnutt209

Russnutt209 Senior Refuge Member

I honestly don't pay attention to how long it lasts. I just do it again when it becomes unbearable.

Allan likes this.
  7. JJVizinat

JJVizinat Senior Refuge Member

I got mine from being a rifleman in the Marine Corps. Oddly enough I didn’t notice it being that bad while I was in. Three yrs later and it’s an aggregation I’ve learned to live with. VA gave me the new style hearing aids and they're good but wearing them in the wind is awful, and I don’t notice it drowning out the tinnitus all that much. I get vertigo like symptoms also, notice it most if I’m at a bar and the musics to loud mixed w people talking.

8. JJVizinat

JJVizinat Senior Refuge Member

I don’t wear any hearing protection now either. Tried wearing it offshore and it just made me nauseous. Hunting is the same. It just gets so quite that the ringing just turns the volume up and makes me sick.