Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Tiny deer ticks

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by SkolMNDuckHunter, Jun 24, 2019.

1. SkolMNDuckHunter

SkolMNDuckHunter Senior Refuge Member

Had two attached to me tonight. Only noticed the one because it was on my forearm. Wife plucked the other one from my shoulder. For reference they were about the size of the 0 in the year on a penny... tough to fight something so small. 20190624_190242.jpg 20190624_190437.jpg

2. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

I’m guessing it’s just a young one. Adults aren't much bigger.

Worst critter that lives around here in my opinion. I’ve had limes and anaplasmosis before and they were brutal. If you ever go to a doc and you think you have one of those two and they won’t prescribe you the meds find another doctor. They often don’t show on tests for a few weeks and you will have gone through hell by then.

When I was a kid deer ticks were rare but wood ticks were common. Now I find deer ticks on me as often as wood ticks.

I found one on the head of my dong once. That had me more worried about my pecker than some of the ****** I’ve banged.

callinfowl and Sunklands like this.
  3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

ah, the dreaded dick tick

those are almost as bad as scrotum chiggers

4. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Moment of shock, when you first see that “dick tick”. Reminds me of the leech scene, in “Stand by Me”.

5. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

Never had chiggers and hope it stays that way. They don’t inhabit the cold climate where I live.

My coworker just came back from visiting family and got fleas from their cat. It’s causing him all sorts of troubles. I told him to gtfo of my office when he told me about it.

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

:l

I lol’ed thinking about you yelling at your coworker to get out because he has fleas. Thanks

7. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Hey,went black berry picking years ago as a kid and the chiggers got all over...went to doc,dropped my pants he said, "God help.You boy"! [email protected] on berries and ticks.

8. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Man you don't know what you're missing!

bird junkie likes this.
  9. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Well that is certainly a head scratcher? I would have bet a $100 bill it would have fallen off due to the small size of it intended hosts area.