Tips for a disabled hunter ?

ditchbanker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm familiar with Refuge disabled blinds...but honestly the water remains a challenge for me even with my kyak...any advice on field hunting for a disabled guy in the Paterson/Kennewick zone will be greatly appreciated

EWUEagles

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you scouted and got access to a field I bet you would have more than enough friends to do most of the work for you.

Another option would be to just focus on a couple guided hunts and let them do the work for you. I’m sure most guides can accommodate a disabled hunter. Good luck the rest of the season

buzzkill

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The refuge has designated disabled blinds in both the Peninsula unit and the draw area. I believe that both are first come first serve for the disabled, and unless someone drew the disabled blind, its open to hunt without a draw. You can bring able bodied hunters with you to those blinds. I would see if anyone wanted to go with you and let them do the water work, decoys etc...
I have hunted both blinds in the past with a buddy that is disabled and they are not bad spots to hunt.
Good luck.

ditchbanker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips !!

It's been 6 years since a major stroke....this year I've caught 8 Chinook (2 on solo trips) and filled my deer tag on a solo trip (hardest part lifting him into the truck bed)

Something about solo trips for me...makes me feel less 'disabled' ...I look forward to shooting my 1st mallard or two in 7 years !!

Latest posts