Trespassing Coyote

Bowhunter57

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I let Carrie Anne (A female 9 lb. Maltese) out to chase a squirrel, in the back yard, this morning. As she was coming back in, I noticed a coyote watching her and approaching quickly.
1f914.png

He had a hungry look in his eye. So, I fed him a 55 gr. Hornady V-Max from my Savage 22-250. Nothing messes with my little girl!
1f92c.png

Dropped him on the spot!!! ☠️
2022 Coyote 4.jpg

dsilsby

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
that’s a nice set up!!!!
congrats on your aim.

Bowhunter57

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good job!

Does Carrie Anne know that she is now a coyote decoy dog?
Thanks, but unfortunately she doesn't. She's almost deaf and will be 16 years old next month. She's still gets around pretty good, has good eyesight, but she sleeps a lot. If the 7 years per 1 year of a human life truly applies, she'll be 112.
Had she spotted the coyote, she's very territorial and wouldn't have thought twice about attacking the coyote. Which in reality, wouldn't have ended in her best interest. I was just glad she made it inside, so I could get my rifle and drop that varmint.
She still enjoys hunting squirrels.
Hunting Carrie.jpg

derbyacresbob

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Quite a few years ago I took my female Black Lab coyote calling with me when I was using a rifle. At first she didn't know we were hunting coyotes.

While I was laying prone with my rifle, Jill would lay next to me as long as I rubbed behind her ears. The first three coyotes I shot when Jill was with me, she was asleep. LOL

When she figured out we were calling in coyotes and shooting them, she started chasing them. She even chased a bobcat that I didn't see until she went after it.

I quit taking her because I didn't want her to get tore up by a coyote or a bobcat.
IMG_1667 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

Carrie Anne is a cute little thing. Thanks for posting the picture!

Bowhunter57

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I quit taking her because I didn't want her to get tore up by a coyote or a bobcat.

Carrie Anne is a cute little thing. Thanks for posting the picture!
You have a good looking Lab there!
Even if I had a dog that was specific to hunting coyotes, I couldn't bare the thought of my dog getting injured in a fight with a coyote.

Latest posts