Tristar setter choke tube issue

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Drake91, Sep 12, 2019 at 7:27 AM.

1. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

Alright I'm not sure if this is a issue or not picked up a tristar setter 20ga saturday... took it out dove huntin loved it shot some birds... took it home to clean it took choke tubes out to put choke tube lube in it an the bottom barrel came out normal top barrel seemed like the choke tube was tight pulling out.... it threads fine but like the barrel is tighter than it should be... anyone ever experience this before?... I tried all the other tubes an it's tight to get the choke in the gun to get it to the threads... I dont wanna have problems down the road when I run steel shot through it in duck season in a couple weeks

2. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

If anything maybe give TriStar a call and see what they say, to me it doesn't sound right but that's just my opinion.
    It could be nothing and then the choke recess may not be bored right, can't really say.
    Here's TriStars contact info.
    https://www.tristararms.com/contact-us/

3. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

Just emailed them.. the gun shot fine I hope it ain't nothing major I have to send back cause the season is coming like to use it for the opener

4. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

From what I've been hearing from people they seem to take warranty/customer service seriously. A few people have sent them their guns and gotten new replacements back from them if there was a problem, how long it takes I don't know.

Drake91 likes this.