Tru-Tone Calls

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by 80pruf, Jun 19, 2005.

1. 80pruf

80pruf Elite Refuge Member

I just went to the DUGOF event here in my hometown and I wanted to give a big thumbs up for Jon and Tim Hankins. These two guys hands down had the best goose call there! They had an awesome polycarb call! They hooked up about 5 of my friends with calls and tuned the call to fit each one just right. Aside from that they were super nice guys to deal with. Easy to talk to and very helpful! They have my vote for the best polycarb goose call!

2. Woodie

Woodie Senior Refuge Member

how many of you guys here have one of these calls. checked out the web site and the calls look pretty good. how are the duck calls. do the sound good. any sticking problems. thanks for the info.

3. 80pruf

I have had a tru tone duck call for years now. They are priced right and sound good. I initially had one set up as a double reed and changed it over to a single reed. They don't seem to be a competition type call (atleast not mine) but they sound pretty good as a meat call. I am really hung up on their goose calls though..cant beat that price!

4. Woodie

thanks 80, i am looking at adding to my collection and these look like a good one for the price.

5. 80pruf

Take a look at the ivory color. I usually don't like that color but with the laser engraving on that acrylic call that thing looks really sharp. :tu

6. Woodie

yeah i saw that on the web site and it looked sharp. i am also thinking of the black with the ivory insert. might even give them a call and see what they can do. try to get a one of a kind or something.

7. kennyo

kennyo Senior Refuge Member

I picked up a tru-tone acrylic goose call for IA snowgoose in the classifieds. I REALLY like it :tu Its very responsive and sounds goosey. Its on my lanyard in the "Lets see 'em' thread.

8. Duckwise

Duckwise Elite Refuge Member

I bought one of the Maple/Poly duck calls a few weeks ago sounds great for 29.00 bucks.

9. weedsnager

weedsnager Elite Refuge Member

great people to deal with

10. SHOOTumINtheLIPS15

SHOOTumINtheLIPS15 Elite Refuge Member

i had bad experieces ...met them at the stl boat show and started messing around on there calls. they told me theyd hook me upp with there comp. call and all this b.s and went on n on bout what they were gonna do for me...i emaild them with a time to hook up and get the call rite for me...heck never even heard from the sob.s :mad: