Truck/SUV for Longevity

Timber Hole

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Whelp, the ole Colorado finally gave out; think I blew a head gasket or something. Missed by goal of hitting 500k, made it to right at 490k. Will probably just drive the Outback for now and park the Colorado for a while and eventually rebuild or replace the engine as it's in decent shape overall.
I have finally got my Silverado running right again. Has 482K but is on the second engine. Have driven it for a couple of years without AC and it turned out it was just a blend door actuator. Obviously AC is not my specialty! Blowing ice cold now!

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Whelp, the ole Colorado finally gave out; think I blew a head gasket or something. Missed by goal of hitting 500k, made it to right at 490k. Will probably just drive the Outback for now and park the Colorado for a while and eventually rebuild or replace the engine as it's in decent shape overall.
You are a road warrior, man!

• Haha
Reactions: tcc

Mudtoes

Senior Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a 2006 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 with a Duramax and and Allison. Bought it in 2007 with 11K on it. Got 161K on it now and it will be the last truck I buy unless I total it.
Do the routine maintenance, oil and lube, have a shop which does my tranny fluid and filter changes, just had some front suspension work done, a ball joint and tie rods. Still on my original brakes, front have about 70% left.
I’ve had several Fords, the last one I had was my last. Had a new 1975, a 1985 and a used 1990. Just had nothing but problems and even under warranty the service sucked. I have to say I’ve been impressed by the ride and comfort in a friend’s F-150.
At my age I’ll probably be driving a Lark scooter before I wear this truck out.

orangelegs73

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Pulled into the gas station today to drop another C note in the Tundra tank and noticed my mileage. Love it when the numbers line up just so! Of course my 17 yr old daughter just rolled her eyes at me when I took the pic. :l
B54D56F9-9B4C-4803-AC3C-86DB8EE98083.jpeg