Trump continues doing a great job

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Fowl Hunter, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Fowl Hunter

Fowl Hunter Senior Refuge Member

First time time in my life I've considered what a national quarantine and marshall law would be like.

His press conference this morning was great! He explained hand shaking very well.

What are the chances?

widgeon and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  2. Ryen Crichlow

Ryen Crichlow Senior Refuge Member

Back and forth between the Delta and the Desert
    :tu:tu:tu:yes:yes:yes

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

Would not shutting down transportation within the USA be against the constitution? I thought that freedom of movement is one of your rights? Just curious.

Smart people are going to hunker down and be preppers for a few weeks.

mmayes, WHUP ! Hen and ripline like this.
  4. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

NO - no constitutional right to movement, especially upon govt built and controlled highways.

What would be against our rights would be a declaration forbidding gathering for worship services. First amendment says govt shall make no law establishing religion or restricting the free exercise of religion. We recently had a governor in our state that ordered (then walked back) no church services. Should a church “choose” to modify their services that is one thing, but they can’t be ordered to by government

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

MARTIAL LAW!!!

ARRGH!!!

6. Fowl Hunter

Fowl Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Wrong marshall - Have a math science brain - I hate spelling.

widgeon likes this.
  7. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

"It's a very contagious virus, it's incredible, but it's something we have tremendous control of," the President said on Sunday

An actual expert on Sunday, "Asked whether hundreds of thousands of Americans could die, Fauci said: "It could happen, and it could be worse." Fauci added that the limits on public life were designed to "try and make that not happen."
    "If we go about our daily lives and not worry about everything," the death toll could be high, Fauci said. "People sometimes think that I'm overreacting. I like it when people are thinking I'm overreacting because that means we're doing it just right." Fauci also said he had not ruled out calling for a national lockdown in order to stem the spread of the virus.

8. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

This guy? https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...inuscule-skip-mask-and-wash-hands/4787209002/
    Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands
    Jayne O'Donnell
    USA TODAY
    The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will be testing for the coronavirus in people in five major cities who show up at clinics with flu-like symptoms but who test negative for the seasonal varieties.

If that testing shows the virus has slipped into the country in places federal officials don't know about, "we've got a problem," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told USA TODAY's Editorial Board Monday.

Short of that, Fauci says skip the masks unless you are contagious, don't worry about catching anything from Chinese products and certainly don't avoid Chinese people or restaurants.

"Whenever you have the threat of a transmissible infection, there are varying degrees from understandable to outlandish extrapolations of fear," Fauci said.

Government agencies, including Fauci's own at the National Institutes of Health, are being inundated with calls and emails from nervous people, just as they were during the Ebola and SARS scares.

Why did US break Diamond Princess coronavirus quarantine? 'Something went awry'

Fauci recalled how a nurse who was infected with Ebola took a flight to Ohio because she was asymptomatic and not at risk of infecting anyone. People everywhere suddenly thought all planes were unsafe.

"I was getting calls from people in Sacramento saying, 'Can I get on an airplane to go to Seattle?'" Fauci said. "Like, what? What does that got to do with anything?"

Other advice from Fauci and Dr. Stephen Hahn, Food and Drug Administration commissioner, includes:

Chinese products. Coronavirus is predominantly spread in the air from humans to humans. "Inanimate things" that are placed in a container in China and sent to the U.S. don't carry any risk of transmitting the virus, Fauci said. Neither do medications made in China.

Imported shipments of FDA-regulated products, including from China, are reviewed by the FDA and have to meet the same standards as domestic products, Hahn said in a statement late Friday.

9. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

It's unbelievable how unprepared and dangerous this man is. Listen to Fausti . He is the expert. He will err on the side of caution.

Ramblingman likes this.
  10. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

That whole 14th amendment might come into play, life and liberty stuff, those are public built roads and highways not government built, the government provides the money collected from taxes to build them, I think the Local 150 union might be a bit miffed if the government started using their people to build a road.

Read up,

https://nccs.net/blogs/americas-founding-documents/united-states-constitution-amendments-11-27