TSS 13/16 oz reload data including powder charge for 410

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’ve used felt spacers under and over on 12ga HW13 loads and found significant drop in FPS with additional felt on the bottom of the shot, not sure how others types of spacers might or might not effect FPS and pressure. I’ve used two felt on top as a spacer without any adverse affect on patterns, with my 12ga loads. I am working up .410 loads now.
General rule; felt or spacers under shot reduce pressure, spacers over shot would increase pressure. This has been discussed by a few guys who reload and test.

I’m more concerned with pellet setback in wad bases, which I have found in TSP and CSD wads. I’ve never found pellets lodged in wad bases with Foam, wax, or spacers on the bottom.

rctigerpaw

Reaction score
General rule; felt or spacers under shot reduce pressure, spacers over shot would increase pressure. This has been discussed by a few guys who reload and test.

I’m more concerned with pellet setback in wad bases, which I have found in TSP and CSD wads. I’ve never found pellets lodged in wad bases with Foam, wax, or spacers on the bottom.
the load I talk about is build with the fiber wad under the cup wad because , it gets the brass base from swelling to the point it will not eject . I have not pattern it or chronograph to date but I have ordered a chronograph before I waste another $ 10.00 shot . I seen no hesitation in the load and the piece of 3/8 '' foam should not change the pattern and the foam is light enough it should not effect it. Their is no wad inside the cup wad it is behind it . I just yesterday dissect factory shells that only had two fiber wad and a wrap .

rctigerpaw

Reaction score
Dr. Swane or anybody that can help I am looking for 410 recipes for the 2 '' shotshell . Got my hands on some , I would thank it would load up like 2 1/2 '' but crimping will take some effort . thanks

Buster_AZ

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Dr. Swane or anybody that can help I am looking for 410 recipes for the 2 '' shotshell . Got my hands on some , I would thank it would load up like 2 1/2 '' but crimping will take some effort . thanks
There’s only a couple lead loads for 2” hull in BPI’s most recent Small Bore Manual. Not a ton of data!

Dr Swane

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What’s the purpose of a 2” shotshell in .410? 2.5” data is pretty rare for hunting loads.

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

I’ve used felt under and over to get a good crimp in 10 bore loads and pressures were same as with only undershot btw. It’s amazing how that little bit of cushioning makes a difference.

rctigerpaw

Reaction score
There’s only a couple lead loads for 2” hull in BPI’s most recent Small Bore Manual. Not a ton of data!
do not have the latest manual so I will work off the 2.5 information just start light and I think I seen somewhere the 2'' hulls are for pistols but I will load some when the chance comes .

rctigerpaw

Reaction score
I’ve used felt under and over to get a good crimp in 10 bore loads and pressures were same as with only undershot btw. It’s amazing how that little bit of cushioning makes a difference.
yep and still I learning about shotguns , rifles were my only fun .