Tube goose call questions

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by CJ MN Waterfowl, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Backwards bleed

Backwards bleed Senior Refuge Member

Here is a picture of one of Colemans calls. I got a couple years ago. I had 2 of them, but gave one to a buddy. They were both a little different in length and bore. This one is set up for snows and specks. I prefer the yellow latex for them.
    20200322_171522.jpg

2. CJ MN Waterfowl

CJ MN Waterfowl Refuge Member

Thank you for your time and information.
    Could you post a video and any extra ways to use a tube call for Canada geese?

3. craig wilson

craig wilson Elite Refuge Member

I am in search of extra heavy Diaphragms
    Thanks

4. Backwards bleed

There is no way to get the original reeds. Knight and hale has been sold and the new owners dont even have a clue about the tube call. They dont even know it's the call that helped make the company.
    The closest I have been able to find to the extra heavy is the green latex exercise bands.

5. Backwards bleed

I am not really comfortable with doing videos. I am also not set up to do them. It will not help you anyway if I did. When I first got mine the directions said to say hoot hoot into the call to make the sounds. Lol The descriptions that have been given here on how to use them are way better than that. They are just like any call, you need to blow them alot. Then blow them ten times more than that. Then you will start to get it figured out.

6. CJ MN Waterfowl

Does the length and bore make a difference or the rubber latex make the most difference?

7. Backwards bleed

Here is a a comparison between Colemans call and one that is a k@H but made different from the tube calls they sold. It is one that came out of David Hales desk drawer in Cadiz Ky. It is the exact length and bore that Harold preferred. This call is retired because it was given to my father from David for me to use eons ago. K@H didnt make hardly any of these and this one has big sentimental value to me.
    20200323_190107.jpg

mouthcallinmatt likes this.
  8. Backwards bleed

Rubber latex thickness and the way you use your diaphragm and hand modulation. I like the smaller bell and the longer call better. It feels more comfortable to me.

9. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

The latex and way it is placed is the biggest issue. The length and bore affect the sound slightly, but nowhere near as much as the latex.

Backwards bleed likes this.
  10. CJ MN Waterfowl

What is the length and the diameter inside/ to outside of the barrel?