Tube goose call questions

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by CJ MN Waterfowl, Jan 9, 2020.

1. CJ MN Waterfowl

CJ MN Waterfowl Refuge Member

I have not ordered or used it yet.
    But you can buy Dental Dam on Amazon,which dentists use.
    There is medium and heavy latex available.
    Just an idea for you.

2. Backwards bleed

Backwards bleed Senior Refuge Member

Cj are those laytex from dental dam black? This is a problem that I have been trying to solve ever since I started blowing tubes again! I cannot get the type of performance that I use to get out of the k@h extra heavy reeds. I have tried all the different colored laytex that I can find and they just seem to be a little off on ability to produce sounds compared to the k@h reeds.

3. CJ MN Waterfowl

I'm not sure on the color or thickness. I would just guess on the description on Amazon

4. Backwards bleed

Omg! I just googled dental dam and a picture of an open ****** with laytex affixed over it popped up. Guess one of the uses of dental dam is for protection during vaginal and anus oral sex! Lmfao
    It looks like their laytex is colored also!

5. CJ MN Waterfowl

Yeah alot of stuff pops up.
    The internet is just full of information.....

6. Backwards bleed

Lol...it is definitely used for this as well. Lol
    That would be a good conversation topic to laugh about in the goose blind!

CJ MN Waterfowl likes this.
  7. CJ MN Waterfowl

8. joecitrano

joecitrano Elite Refuge Member

I really wanna hear a tube call for snows!

9. Matt Barnard

Matt Barnard Elite Refuge Member

Well, a tube call for snows is the most realistic sounding call ever! But, it doesn't have enough volume to make a difference.

10. Backwards bleed

Exactly the problem with tube calls in general. This is the reason why I use short reed calls almost every day for canadas. I only use the tube to finish canadas on no wind days. I still use the tube for snows and it is my favorite call for them.
    P.s. Matt in an earlier post you stated that you knew laytex reeds by thickness and not by color. I was wondering where you are getting reed material. I have been trying to find the thickness of the old xtr heavy k@h reeds with no avail! I cannot find the same thickness in any of the colored laytex nor can I get k@h to check their files for that info. At one time k@h promised to send me reeds and then they never sent them. I contacted them back and they promised to send me free ones since they "forgot" about my order. The reeds never came. I contacted them again and they said that they could not get the reeds and they would not tell me the thickness of them!
    I have not been able to get the same performance out of my calls that I could get 30 plus years ago. Any help would be appreciated on where you are currently getting laytex!