Tundra V8's going bye bye

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’m just angry at what people continue buying overall lately not just trucks but in general.
I have always gone with used Toyotas because I’m cheap and I’ve always had great luck.
I only buy well maintained and always keep them maintained.
This is the first time in quite a while I look at the lineup and say I doubt I’d buy any of their offerings.
I like the circa 2003 Tundra the one with the 4.7 v8. I like the size the looks…
Good clean lookin truck in basic sr5 trim imo.
For my next vehicle I’d strongly consider a Jeep a basic sport trim Jeep because what the heck.
I think my Toyota ship has sailed.
Look at that 4Runner front end! What is that ?!
(I bet I’ve offended every Toy owner lol)
Oh well just how I feel having owned several hilux-the truck that built the rep.
Those Tundras are gold if you find one in good shape. If you’ve never owned a newer model Jeep, and hate on the direction Tacos went, you won’t be pleased with a new Jeep. Ours used oil @ around 60k. That was with proper maintenance. Thing would go anywhere and smoke out all the mosquitoes getting there.

grahler

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Those Tundras are gold if you find one in good shape. If you’ve never owned a newer model Jeep, and hate on the direction Tacos went, you won’t be pleased with a new Jeep. Ours used oil @ around 60k. That was with proper maintenance. Thing would go anywhere and smoke out all the mosquitoes getting there.
Which engine?

tcc

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
How come they don’t offer a 70 series land cruiser here?
How come the land cruiser turned into a luxury on road monstrosity?
Why don’t they offer us a more utility based hilux instead of taco?
Because few people want that kind of rig here; we want fancy, cushy rides loaded with unnecessary crap.

grahler

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Because few people want that kind of rig here; we want fancy, cushy rides loaded with unnecessary crap.
Speak for yourself.
I think if that was brought here they’d sell more than they could supply.

• Haha
Reactions: tcc