Tuttle Creek Wildlife Area

Scott yellowdog

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Can you hunt tuttle creek with an outboard in the wildlife are or do you need a surface drive to get back in to places? Thank you in advance. Is a surface drive useful in other areas in kansas or is a surface drive the main go to.
Well I'm from South Carolina and Tuttle creek I've been to cool on elevated water the change in Kansas is the old waterfowlers were so laid back genuine you know but the yuppies wid mud mother's have mucked it up you might try Illinois

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well I'm from South Carolina and Tuttle creek I've been to cool on elevated water the change in Kansas is the old waterfowlers were so laid back genuine you know but the yuppies wid mud mother's have mucked it up you might try Illinois
Illinois doesn’t have any birds. They’re all in Kansas. Go west young man

metalworx

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Illinois doesn’t have any birds. They’re all in Kansas. Go west young man
Agreed, everyone I know are making plans for a more westerly trek this season. Kansas is the new Arkansas, no more trips to arkieland for me, west I go now

Click

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Two side notes..
1 there's plenty of green to shoot in Illinois, seriously..if I could kill 200 a year there anyone could if you do the work. Tougher competition but plenty of birds.

2 the corps has messed up waterfowl hunting from coast to coast on just about everything they touch. There concerned about flood control and navigable water levels. If what they do makes for good hunting odd are it's thanks to mother nature not giving them any other choice.

Tuleman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
2 the corps has messed up waterfowl hunting from coast to coast on just about everything they touch. There concerned about flood control and navigable water levels. If what they do makes for good hunting odd are it's thanks to mother nature not giving them any other choice.
Yes, the ACE has its priorities, and hunting opportunities isn't one of them.

CJT

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
What’s that you say? Haha

Ramblingman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Northern Illinois, World Class Canada Goose hunting :tu:tu
Buddy of mine was covered with ducks/mallards last season hopping back and forth between Missouri and Illinois. Said it was actually better on Illinois side. All public.

Click

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I still maintain good relationships with old friends there, and stars really aligned for em. They killed alot of mallards on public.