U know he was going to do it

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by howard s., Jan 21, 2021.

1. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Source Great Lakes Works in Michigan experience in the last 4 years. The steel industry has not had a great experience in the past 4 years. That said, I don’t see a really positive way forward at this point for that industry yet.

2. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Drake, That IS BS!!! Well it does make sense since we'll be buying Chinese steel!:mad:

Drake91 likes this.
  3. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

We make powdered metal for medical, oil & gas mining, automotive & aircraft (specialty metals)... ya it sucks but I had a feeling it was gonna come to this... we were a small mill compared to our other facilities... all the company is protecting is their newest facility they built about probably 7 years ago in athens AL

yellowlab03 likes this.
  4. Drake91

We lost 3 other facilities since last year also... we were gonna get into titanium metal powders but they took licking on that... bought into that at the wrong time when other companies been in that game for longer

5. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

@Drake91, a government that had your back would be doing what it takes to help your company be competitive. If that means tariffing the hell out of cheaper foreign competition for a while, so be it. Instead they're going to take the money that should be spent helping American industry and fund gender studies in Pakistan :doh

Now, I'm a free market capitalist. If your company's management made some bad business decisions like you say buying into titanium powders at the wrong time, that's on them. But if the tax payer is going to fund nonsense, the nonsense should at least be staying within our borders. IMO.

6. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Can I have an AMEN? :tu

Drake91, IV Hunt and OneShotBandit like this.
  7. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

You know why we won WWII? Our great and brave fighting men (and in some cases women), of course, but on a macro level we won because we could out produce our enemies. Do you think we could say the same thing today? I don't, and I think its a national security issue.

Bear, hunting1, yellowlab03 and 2 others like this.
  8. Bclick

Bclick Elite Refuge Member

Hope you folks don't have daughters that play sports

Screenshot_20210121-124312_Chrome.jpg

yellowlab03 likes this.
  9. Drake91

That whole transgender thing is ridiculous... it gets my blood pressure to a whole new level knowing what my 1 year old daughter is gonna be dealing with when she gets older :mad:...

10. Bclick

Bclick Elite Refuge Member

Women's sports may not exist by then so you may not have to worry :doh

OneShotBandit and Drake91 like this.