Ukraine Intervention Poll

Will the US intervene militarily in Ukraine?

• Yes, w/in the Biden Presidency

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes, when Trump gets re-elected

• No.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Ukraine not weak! No need American help!

• Total voters

AppalachianHollers

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
The longstanding US-Russia competition stems from the power vacuum after WWII, when there ceased to exist any credible power in Western or Central Europe (both France and Germany respectively were decimated/humiliated by the war). There is now no reason why the US should have to provide counterweight to the Russians on its own. Germany and France have ample military capability now, to say nothing of wealth. Let them handle their backyard and take point. We can offer our support, but not fight.

pintail2222

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Bear

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It’s all over the news. What do y’all think about this tinderbox of a situation?

Putin will be given everything he wants in Ukraine with Biden waving a treaty in front of the press declaring we have peace in our time.

The DOW Stock Market will come out of it’s bunker and will gain 2500+ points.

Biden will ride a victorious chariot around the Washington mall wearing a beach towel toga and a gold leaf wreath and twelve year old virgins riding beside him.

We will lose the 2022 elections with a supermajority in both the House and Senate and the bank accounts of anyone who has ever donated to the Republican party or the NRA will forfeit their assets for reparations to anyone of the now canonized Saint George Floyd’s race.

China invades Taiwan and the South China Sea and Biden apologizes for American imperialism.

IMO

Last edited:

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer that we attack, conquer, then tax MEXICO. See if the world cares. Doubt it.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Can I vote "who cares"?
Same with Taiwan or any other place.

I'm tired of the USofA being the #1 police force.
George Washington warned us in his farewell address to "not be the world police".
He warned of other things and was ignored.
Maybe try reading it?
Warning: its written in 1700's English.

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Putin won’t stop his western expansion unless he is stopped.

He has often lamented the dissolution of the Warsaw pact. I concur that we shouldn’t shed American blood for Ukraine.

That said…is sacrificing Ukraine our version of the Peace in our time?

IMHO

Ukraine is an experiment. Researching its history it was never a power on its own in modern history

Is a third WW over the poorest country in central europe worth it?

To me the triggers would be any country in the old Warsaw Pact being threatened.

Last edited:

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ukraine is an experiment. Researching its history it was never a power on its own in modern history

Is a third WW over the poorest country in central europe worth it?

To me the triggers would be any country in the old Warsaw Pact being threatened.
The history of Europe, even when simplified, is extremely complex. Gives me a headache

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The history of Europe, even when simplified, is extremely complex. Gives me a headache

Yup, you want a third WW over central europe, ben crenshaw does

Latest posts