Ukraine

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not going to rehash the rehash, but there were Neo - NAZIs in the AZOV unit and that is not even debated it is a point of fact. Is the whole Ukrainian government controlled by NAZIs is a stretch beyond reason. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Regiment

In conclusion, I have to assume the people with better information have actual valid reasons to get involved (at least to a higher extent because I highly doubt there is a war we aren't involved in) in this war an not all the infinite others.

Trust the foreign policy experts? Isn't that kind of like "trust the science"? The foreign policy experts are the same ones who made fun of Trump when he said Germany was defendant on Russian gas etc. They are salaried perpetual government workers who essentially are one arm of the deep state. I would not trust them in any way shape or form.

Russia began this invasion with the intent of lining its own governments pockets and fortifying a new army to retake more and more of the old USSR, while also lining the pockets of a bunch of rich Russian dudes. Who’s against stopping that?

Having created a coloring book picture of the Russians the media has sold this, just like they tried to make Putin into Hitler, and all sorts of other silly motivations. People continue to ignore the fact that Russia has national interests in Ukraine a country that it borders. Those interests are both security and political stability for its own country. Do we have such compelling interests. We can certainly debate whether that is valid or not, but our alphabet soup sponsored the Coup in 2014 and Russia responded by taking over Crimea. We tried to pull Ukraine into NATO and Russia invaded and annexed those Western Provinces. This conflict is just not simple and to pretend it is, is silly.

This is the most significant thing that has been posted in the previous three pages and the comment on it misses the point entirely. I think it is funny that a country that is reliant on all kinds of parts for all kinds of things from CHINA and who is only now starting to onshore some of the critical things we need, could make fun of Russia who is having to shift its supply chain.

The fact is what we accomplished in our sanctions is that Russia is completely disconnected from the West. Rather than financial integration they will have no need of the West. They are happily moving to a place in their economy where they get what they need from India, China, Vietnam , Brazil, Central America and nothing from Germany and Europe.

If China sanctioned us like we did Russia, where would we go for parts? We don't manufacture much in this country anymore.

Russia is adjusting. Painful? Sure. But fact is they are in the middle of a pivot. When they accomplish the pivot, who will be hurt more. Europe who will have lost not only the oil and gas which it now has to buy from the US more expensively and the European /western industry who will no longer be supplying anything to Russia, or Russia who will now shop somewhere else?

When have sanctions worked exactly?

Damian Wiening

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
1669819932004.png

Damian Wiening

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
More drunken trailer park gum flapping, are you gonna bark all day little doggie.

Damian Wiening

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
More careless smoking in RU,

Damian Wiening

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Going to get cold in the RU maybe,

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not going to rehash the rehash, but there were Neo - NAZIs in the AZOV unit and that is not even debated it is a point of fact. Is the whole Ukrainian government controlled by NAZIs is a stretch beyond reason. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Regiment

Trust the foreign policy experts? Isn't that kind of like "trust the science"? The foreign policy experts are the same ones who made fun of Trump when he said Germany was defendant on Russian gas etc. They are salaried perpetual government workers who essentially are one arm of the deep state. I would not trust them in any way shape or form.

Having created a coloring book picture of the Russians the media has sold this, just like they tried to make Putin into Hitler, and all sorts of other silly motivations. People continue to ignore the fact that Russia has national interests in Ukraine a country that it borders. Those interests are both security and political stability for its own country. Do we have such compelling interests. We can certainly debate whether that is valid or not, but our alphabet soup sponsored the Coup in 2014 and Russia responded by taking over Crimea. We tried to pull Ukraine into NATO and Russia invaded and annexed those Western Provinces. This conflict is just not simple and to pretend it is, is silly.

This is the most significant thing that has been posted in the previous three pages and the comment on it misses the point entirely. I think it is funny that a country that is reliant on all kinds of parts for all kinds of things from CHINA and who is only now starting to onshore some of the critical things we need, could make fun of Russia who is having to shift its supply chain.

The fact is what we accomplished in our sanctions is that Russia is completely disconnected from the West. Rather than financial integration they will have no need of the West. They are happily moving to a place in their economy where they get what they need from India, China, Vietnam , Brazil, Central America and nothing from Germany and Europe.

If China sanctioned us like we did Russia, where would we go for parts? We don't manufacture much in this country anymore.

Russia is adjusting. Painful? Sure. But fact is they are in the middle of a pivot. When they accomplish the pivot, who will be hurt more. Europe who will have lost not only the oil and gas which it now has to buy from the US more expensively and the European /western industry who will no longer be supplying anything to Russia, or Russia who will now shop somewhere else?

When have sanctions worked exactly?

I don't recall any pentagon officials mocking trump for saying Germany was dependent on Russian gas...and you really don't think Trump came up with that by himself do you?

Edit: after a bit of searching all I can find is Germans mocking him.

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I think our little lurker is a second identity for one of our liberals that has been soundly trounced and is looking to manufacture vindication.

I think it's funny you think that.

Because if it were an alt account, and I don't think it is, it would more likely be someone trying to save their reputation here than someone who already has a poor one and doesn't give a flying.

But like you said, you don't understand people.

WidgeonmanGH

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I think it's funny you think that.

Because if it were an alt account, and I don't think it is, it would more likely be someone trying to save their reputation here than someone who already has a poor one and doesn't give a flying.

But like you said, you don't understand people.
I got no idea who owns that account (nor do I care). But, there are a few folks on this site that have lurker accounts thru VPNs. Folks get their jollies off inflaming arguments that they don’t even necessarily support, for the lolz. There are nowhere near as many actual humans on this forum, as there are accounts. I know one person here who has many, and you would never know they were the same person.