Union County

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Gadwall King, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Gadwall King

Gadwall King Senior Refuge Member

The parking lots are going in right now.

2. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

it does seem like somebodies really trying. MY LUCK IT WILL FREEZE OR FLOOD

3. duckmann

duckmann Elite Refuge Member

Better be lots of pump fuel. Just drove to Cape and back. Dry as I've ever seen it everywhere.

4. Gadwall King

5. Gadwall King

IDNR you can have 22 spots in 2020 but it’s not happening in 2021.

6. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

Ducks feed on dry ground also.....could work.

7. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Years ago in a different forum there was a member that camped in his boat-blind on the big muddy by launching at OWB. If its that dry...

8. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'm not telling anyone to be a "sheep" and to not question authority from time to time (if we didnt, we wouldn't have fought the King of England) but this isn't DNR's doing.

What DNR has indeed done, is make a damn hard attempt to get hunters in the field this year, whether we like the temporary protocols or not.
    I'm also not gonna argue but I sure as heck hope that the public hunters dont bung this up ie not wear masks if the State says to at check stations, not social distance (I am so tired of that term) etc..its up to us to police ourselves in this b.s. time. Can we do that? We shall see.

riverrat47, ixkaped2, ARHHH4 and 2 others like this.
  9. Skycarp33

Skycarp33 Elite Refuge Member

Mud duck . I want to thank you and your crew for going down and working for a few days.
    As you stated we as hunters need to do what we can to follow all of these new rules . I know others involved that work state sites and they have all came up with plans to hopefully deal with all of this correctly. We hunters need to do what is asked or that fat prick in charge (or one of his desk jockeys from Chicago) will shut it all down.

Sadly these desk clowns have never been to probably any of these state sites and could care less about the hardworking people that run them. They for sure also don’t care about the hunters . So they are gonna make decisions however they want with no insight from us poor people outside of Chitcago.

Honestly we are lucky that things are opening in some form .

riverrat47, ARHHH4 and Il. MudDuk like this.
  10. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

my 2cents is this is well thought out[I feel for the locals WHO lived on the standby]but us up staters are going to at least get a fair chance to hunt my compliments to the union and h-shoe gentlemen for the plan if were going to get angry let it be all those clowns that on oct 1 take the blinds in 3 min and then don't show. in my opinion if theyn can't show a reason then they should be allowed one blind the next season. how many times are u there when 3or 4 permit holders r all that show. ANY BETS THIS YEAR

ARHHH4 likes this.