Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Up coming legislative session in Richmond

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by The Other David, Jan 5, 2020.

1. NOVAggie

NOVAggie Elite Refuge Member

no, it is not illegal. There is a ton of misinformation going around. That law was passed after Katrina to prevent gun confiscations from people in their own houses. It still allows him to ban firearms in areas controlled by the gov as he has done on the grounds of the capitol.
    VCDL and GOA filed an injunction against his actions on the basis of depriving rights, not in reference to this law because they knew that aspect was legal. They still lost the injunction.
    The Dems are playing hard ball and they know how to play that game. Just like they knew how to slowly flip VA and catch everyone else not paying attention.

2. ButchA

ButchA Elite Refuge Member

I was afraid of that... I heard rumblings about HB's and SB's regarding "the right to bear arms", and have been following the VCDL postings too. This is getting scary, if you ask me! Downtown Richmond at the State Capitol is all barricaded off with a massive 6 ft high chainlink fence. Word going around is some of those crazy nutjobs and Antifa masked bandits will be bused in and will try and start some $h-t... :eek::mad:

3. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Local news (ch 6&12) at 4 today said 15,000 showed up to support 2nd amendment gun rights today at the lobby day rally. 7,000 with no guns inside the grounds of the capitol, and 8,000 gun toters (and others) outside in front of the capitol grounds in the immediate streets. No incidents in either location (who could imagine that in their wildest dreams:rolleyes:). One Rachael Maddow looking female arrested on Broad Street (few blocks from the rally) by Richmond police for wearing a "bandana" on her face, after being warned two times by the police.

4. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

5. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

I support all.of those that took the time to exercise their right to protest an infringement on the 2nd amendment. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's a done deal.

6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

NOVAggie! You've been missed. Glad u are following this. Good showing by our 2A Brothers and Sisters. Where are you now? Heres a link to more photos/coverage:
    https://www.richmond.com/news/local...ion_9dba409a-4f0d-57ee-93eb-5da72a50ebbe.html