Updated zone borders

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Oltimer, May 7, 2021.

1. Oltimer

Oltimer Refuge Member

Just noticed that they changed the North zone border this year to I-70 on the east side of the state. I find that interesting. I always assumed that the big dollar places in St. Charles and Lincoln counties wanted to have the later seasons so the line was drawn around them.

I liked when it worked out that I got two opening days for wood ducks on the river but for the most part it only bugged me because it seemed like rules were being made for the wealthy. (It's pure jealousy.)

Was just wondering if anyone had any information on the reasoning behind the change.

2. ruddy_ducker

ruddy_ducker New Member

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up, that changed our spot to the North Zone now.

3. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

4. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

Moving the St Chuck Bottoms to the North Zone is a surprise, specially since there is no split in the North Zone

5. Oltimer

Oltimer Refuge Member

I was surprised as well. I read the information on the MDC website but still think there's more to the story.
    Maybe I'm becoming one of those conspiracy theory guys. Seems like someone must have asked for a change. Not like the MDC to make changes on their own whether they make sense or not.

WHUP ! Hen and JDP like this.
  6. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

The St Charlie cats will just move their blinds 500 yards south and hunt in 2 zones.

double limit likes this.
  7. SKDuckhunt

SKDuckhunt Senior Refuge Member

at the St Charles MDC Duck meeting. the clubs had a big turnout. they want to hunt in November. they pushed the move. with no no-hunting days in november

8. Truman

Truman Senior Refuge Member

I am glad that the season moved a week earlier so that the yutes can enjoy the youth hunt that lines up with extended fall break weekend! Great time to do hunting chores and allow the youngsters to get some shots in.

9. Oltimer

Oltimer Refuge Member

Give me a history lesson if you can. When it was included in the middle zone, was that something that folks were pushing for at the time?

10. SKDuckhunt

SKDuckhunt Senior Refuge Member

I believe the members got the clubs moved from the north zone when they wanted to hunt later in the year. Now they feel they shoot more ducks daily in November than late December hence a late October opening and movement back to the north zone.