Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

UPS Mail Innovations

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Meach, Jul 30, 2020.

1. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Plus the carrier doesn't actually deliver packages to the house so I need to go to the PO to pick them up unless they can fit in the mailbox.[/QUOTE]

Might be location dependent but my mail carrier comes down 900' of driveway to bring UPS packages to my door if they don't fit in the mailbox.

2. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Because UPS where our motto is “we’re gonna deliver a package (even if it’s wrong) so we can ring your doorbell because you work shift work and just fell asleep, but here’s the package you didn’t order! Thanks and have a nice day!”

3. Vammy

Vammy Elite Refuge Member

:l :l :l

I work for a manufacturing company. UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS all hit our receiving dock in the morning, and outbound shipping dock in the afternoon between 3:30 and 5. Every day. We've had more lost shipments both inbound and outbound in the last 7 months than we've had in the last 7 years (OK, so maybe not that bad, but it's happening with unprecedented regularity). Big stuff; things you'd think could not be misplaced are being lost, and, in most cases, found and moved to final destination. Why? The courier companies are dealing with freight loads that are 1.5 to 2X their normal shipments durint your average Christmas season, and they can't find workers. No one wants to work right now that's still getting UE plus Fed $600. Add to the fray that Amazon in particular is hiring their own freight/delivery crews, and the you don't have to be a math whiz to understand the enormous volume of freight moving through the country right now. Delays are going to happen. Things are going to get lost. Sometimes they get found. Sometimes not. Want absolute proof of delivery? Go to the store, buy it, and take it home yourself :joker

OneShotBandit likes this.
  4. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

:reader:clap:bow add to that assurance of quality, safety if it's something edible.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

My package from Midway USA was shipped on Monday via USPS and arrived yesterday.

6. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

A few weeks ago a sporting goods store a couple hrs away from me had a sale on Arctic Pro Muck boots, ($79.94 plus $15 shipping). I spoke to a nice lady on Saturday about a half hr before the store closed. She was almost apologetic when she said they wouldn't ship til Monday. I laughed and told her that would be fine. UPS had them on my front porch by noon Tue. Reading the above posts makes me feel danged lucky.

7. Vammy

Vammy Elite Refuge Member

:tu

8. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

Might be location dependent but my mail carrier comes down 900' of driveway to bring UPS packages to my door if they don't fit in the mailbox.[/QUOTE]

They don't need to deliver to house if driveway is over a half mile. You got 300 yards. I have 3/4 mile. I don't blame them. They have a route to run and are under time constraints. If I need to go pickup packages in order to not hear vehicles driving by I'm fine with it.

9. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I feel sorry for the UPS delivery people. They are always stressed out. Don't have time to even say hello

In contrast, my usual FedEx guy always takes a minute to say hi and we talk about fishing or cars for a bit. Like night and day

Farm4wildlife likes this.
  10. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

It used to be (like a dozen years ago) their route was mapped out and they had something like 1.5 minutes to make a package delivery. That's from when they turned off the road into a lane or driveway.

They also got fined and had to pay for recovery if the vehicle got stuck or something along those lines. Our driver had our number and we pulled him from the ditch a few times.

widgeon likes this.