Decoy Forum Sponsors

Ure-a-Duck Decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Clayton, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Heard they have gone out of business. Apparently they are not answering calls. Anyone hear anything official?

2. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

Their website says they are back in production again, but they are 4 months behind in orders. So if you want decoys for mid October, you better order NOW.

3. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

They have always been way behind. I look at times, thought kind of cool their decoys but just never bothered as always months behind and I like to just order and not have to hope someone answers.

4. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member

Don't even bother!
    I've dealt with them ----they do not answer their phone, emails, letters
    They don't care

Ringbill

5. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Elite Refuge Member

Agreed, just make your own :tu
    Amazing that a business is run that way. Guess they really don't need the mula.

6. LA in ATL

LA in ATL Refuge Member

I bought canvasbacks from Ure-a-duck 6 or 7 years ago, and the decoys are beautiful. The textured surfaces do not shine, and they ride nice. But now with so many plastic and other options so much cheaper, and I’ve carved some from dock foam, I won’t be buying from them again.
    Having said that the ure-a-duck long line redhead and ruddy duck decoys are unique. Their decoys are expensive and like Ringbill said- they are lacking in communication with customers, and orders take forever. Seems they sell as fast as they can make em because they have such a unique product. Much more real than most decoys on the market. My ure-a-duck dekes are not bur-lapped to keep the weight down, and require touch up painting every year.

7. KAHunter

KAHunter Elite Refuge Member

I emailed them about my order and my brothers. They got back to me same day. Said to check in with them end of this month should be done or close. Im not happy how long it took but they have been responsive. If I get my decoys before early october I will be happy

8. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Thanks! I guess I had better get my order in then!

9. LA in ATL

LA in ATL Refuge Member

KA,
    I added 2x4 and composite deck keels to my divers to make sure they always float upright. Ure-a-duck has a video on adding a keel, or they sell them with a keel for a few extra $. Use gorilla glue (be sure to wet the surfaces) Without the added keel I could not move a longline, or just toss the decoys.
    Avian X , Higdon and tanglefree didn’t make canvasback decoys back when I bought my Ure.... but now those brands make easier to clean, more durable and longer lasting blocks, without the maintenance of repainting and repairs. LA

10. KAHunter

KAHunter Elite Refuge Member

Well I may have jumped the gun praising them. Still havent gotten my decoys. Will be a year Nov 19 when I placed the order, so we are on month 10 tomm. I have emailed again stating I wanted to use the decoys for october season but havent heard back. I am starting to get frustrated.