Decoy Forum Sponsors

Used decoy prices

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by markd, Jun 14, 2018.

1. bynumfranks

bynumfranks New Member

2. JoJer

JoJer Senior Refuge Member

This is why I decided I won't repaint anymore. It's not worth the work when I can buy new so cheap. Repainting did give me a good excuse to buy an air compressor, but it just isn't fun anymore.

3. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

Heck, I put a dollar worth of glue on each leaker I find. Almost ain’t worth it.

$5 each for new mallards is a good entry point. I don’t want / need any more mallards though.

handmade deeks cost $10-30 just in raw materials, buying in bulk. Some kits may be a lot more.

I’d pay more for other than mallard deeks. I wouldn’t get anything that’s over $10 as I could make a foam gunner for that price.

So, $10 each is the gunner decoy upper limit for me. More than that I’d be looking to retire it to the mantlepiece.

FYI on the weights. I make them too. $1 each I got into them. Any used weights and lines I get I melt down and redo them. I hate a kinked Texas rigged line.

4. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I seem to recall paying $25/dozen for my first flambeaus way back in 1989.

5. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I bought the mid 90's mallards for $20 per dozen. I like the taller decoys but the old 80's models (on the right in your pic) are my favs because they're almost bullet proof. This thread has me searching for old Flambeaus to buy again. I think I'm down to 25 dozen flambeaus total now. :l

I must still have 20 dozen GHG lifesize and progrades I'm selling off to make room for more old Flams and G&H. I really want to find the 80's Flam pintails.

oleww likes this.
  6. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

paint white attach a texas rag put a stick got a head and don't need wind and don't have to patch the holes a new 25 cent snow goose decoy.

7. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

We use to go decoy hunting as soon as ice out.
    If there was a name or number we returned them
    Beaver trapping we picked up a full dozen . We called ever Kruger in the phone book.

8. Olefart

Olefart Senior Refuge Member

$1.00 apiece pays for our gas, and touch up paint for our boats. Banging around in flooded timber is hard on equipment not to mention our bodies. We pick up aluminum rims with tires still on them also to help with the cost of our searches. Never had on owner of a decoy with his name on it quibble about the $ 1.00 we charge for finders fee.

oleww likes this.