UWA Website and registration

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by rmk800, Nov 3, 2014.

1. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

Just wanted to announce that we have a new website up and running. while info will be added to it as time moves its finally up. Just wanted to invite anyone who is interested to register on the site. we dont charge for memberships. So its all free. Also we will NOT solicit or sell your email.

As a side note we are being made aware of the State of Utah's desire to take water shares out of the bear and divert them to a reservoir to be built along the front. New info is coming out on this. So it looks like we have our next fight on our hands to protect the lake and its ecosystem. Info on that will be forth coming. I got a very interesting pdf slide show on it put out by the sate. the good old Bear River Development is alive and kicking.

www.utahwaterfowl.org

2. mudderfodder

mudderfodder Senior Refuge Member

Thank you for setting this up. I'm glad to see this moving again. I have my UWA sticker on my truck, I wear my UWA hat when hunting, and I have my UWA t-shirt. I'll donate to the Farmington Bay restroom and will look forward to getting involved any other way I can. We absolutely need an organization like this as we face current and future challenges. Thank you for all you and everyone else does.

3. rmk800

4. drakebob01

drakebob01 Elite Refuge Member

If any of you were out at the Refuge on Sat you know what kind of dust storm there talking about!!!

5. rmk800

Amen to that!!! I was east of that dust storm. it looked nasty!!

6. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

Just an FYI---We will be giving away prizes every 1/2 hor or so on Saturday. On top of that there is free donuts and hot choc!

As far as the proposed dam goes, the state water folks have been looking in to doing core samples for a dam study on BRBR and in the Willard Spur in the last couple of months. The Feds didn't let them do it, and when they try to get the core samples at the Spur (state land), it is time to rally the troops.
    We will try to keep things much more current now that we have a working website.
    R

7. mudderfodder

mudderfodder Senior Refuge Member

I had to work and wasn't able to make it to Farmington, but I just donated $50 online. To all others I encourage you to donate. It was simple and fast. Feel good about giving back to the places that give you so much enjoyment, relaxation, escape, food for the table, etc. And when the bathroom is built you will have the opportunity to give and give and give.