Decoy Forum Sponsors

V Boards

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Neighbor Guy, May 20, 2021.

1. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

Can anyone here share a photo or plan for the hub set up for V-Boards?

Even if you dont want to post it here I can give you an email address.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel. Just kicking around possibly making a couple two tree sets of boards for this fall. I make a lot of wood and cork birds, but making a pair of canvas birds got me thinking about some of the other styles I have not tried. So I think some V-boards and silhouettes would fit that bill.

Although with today’s prices they may not be much of a cost save to full body corks birds.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  2. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

3. Neighbor Guy

Thanks. I appreciate the video. He does a good job of showing what he’s doing but not a whole lot of details on how he got there.

4. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

I like to see a big ole spread of them in action

5. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Ok. When I made them, I used 2x2 with a slit cut in the middle(like the video) so I could glue in Luan silhouettes. For the hub design, I simply cut plywood, 1/2”(if I remember correctly) 8”x8”, I think. I made one arm solid(as it didn’t move) and simply bolted it to the plywood. The other 2 arms I used bolts also but instead of a nut I used wingnuts so I could loosen them(so they could fold). You want the solid arm longer than the other 2, you can choose the length of the arms. I put a small I-bolt in the solid arm and the plywood to attach the line/weight to(if you’re using in water). You may have to “knock the edge off” the arms where they meet under the plywood so they fold(depending on how you mount them). Seal the wood(again,if you’re using in water). I don’t have any pics as I sold them quite awhile ago. Make it like an assembly line and it goes quick. If you look at the video I posted before you press play, it shows a decent picture of the hub.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Neighbor Guy likes this.
  6. goodluck

goodluck New Member

I used this thread from duckboats.net as a reference: http://www.duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2825;do=post_view#p2825

I also used 2 center plates for each set - one on top and one bottom, because the bolts I had on hand were longer and I didn't want so much metal sticking out and banging around. I can't find any photos on this computer, but I made two sets of canada geese with those plans and have been happy with them.

WHUP ! Hen, Dr Swane and rhpierce like this.
  7. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this.
    I'm "re-arming" for geese and this could be a game changer. Im about to start hunting Canada geese hard at a place where they hardly get hunted at all.

rhpierce likes this.
  8. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

I was gonna say go to duckboats.net, but someone beat me to it....

goodluck likes this.
  9. bad dog

bad dog Senior Refuge Member

we run 3 dozen (36decoys) with Big Al b&w on water,then ice and fields.verry visable very space saveing,very cost saveing.bad dog

10. Neighbor Guy

3/dozen each Goldeneyes and Bluebills

29A4503D-5A3E-48F9-AB83-60AD47631DE0.jpeg

9C05AB4A-E508-4FF4-8CB4-E2B804CD2DAA.jpeg

goodluck likes this.