Vaccinated or not

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Fowl Hunter, Jul 29, 2021.

Been vaccinated?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. No - Not going to do it

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. No - Might still

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Fowl Hunter

Fowl Hunter Elite Refuge Member

2. thunderfromdownunder

thunderfromdownunder Senior Refuge Member

I can’t post on memes but getting jabbed is tolerable? Every day!

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Noneya

API, lugnut, widgeon and 1 other person like this.
  5. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

What he said. Please crawl back under your rock since the moon isnt full anymore.

widgeon and OneShotBandit like this.
  6. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

Don’t ask Don’t tell….

My body My choice….

And any of the other political buzz words and phrases that I can’t remember that all have the same basic meaning.

7. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Absolutely. It’s a personal choice not subject to critique.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  8. ButchA

ButchA Elite Refuge Member

Update on all this vaccine garbage....
    NO, I DIDN'T GET IT... AIN'T GONNA GET IT... <expletive> THAT NONSENSE!! :mad:

I talked a good friend of mine and fellow school bus driver. We've been buddies for 9 years at the school bus lot. Anyway, I didn't hear him over the 2-way radio (we're both doing a summer school program, for a little extra $$$, even though it's 100 degrees on a 40' long yellow oven on wheels...). So I accidently woke him up off the sofa, and he is SICK AS A DOG!!

He and his wife both got the 1st dose. His wife is fine. He is sick with a fever, no energy, can't eat, etc... He's scared sh**less as this was just the 1st dosage. Lord only know what the 2nd dose will do to him! :eek:

Fauci and the CDC and all the democrats out there pushing this stupid shot, making everyone become a "lab rat".... Sorry... Ain't happening... I'll take my chances...

SEKhunter, double limit and widgeon like this.
  9. FinnsNFeathers

FinnsNFeathers Senior Refuge Member

I'm in the camp of personal choice and really couldn't care less what others choose. But I believe in each individual making an informed decision.

For those who are adamant that the vax is significantly helpful for the average healthy individual. Can you point me to the actual studies that support this conclusion? Not just articles written quoting individuals, regardless of their qualifications. Studies. You know. Science.

Here is an article from today on CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/health/breakthrough-infection-masks-cdc-provincetown-study/index.html

Although the purpose of the article, I think, is to explain why they believe masking is needed, even for vaccinated individuals. But in asserting that claim, they seemed to me to completely contradict the need for the vaccination in the first place.

Here are some quotes from the article:

"The study, published by CDC Friday, describes 469 Massachusetts residents who were infected in a July outbreak"
    "About 74% – or 346 cases – had been fully vaccinated."
    "Among the Massachusetts residents in the latest study, none died and only five were hospitalized."
    "Of those five, one person was unvaccinated and had underlying medical conditions, and four were vaccinated. The vaccinated individuals ranged in age from 20 to 70, and two had underlying health conditions."

"The CDC internal document estimated that vaccines reduce the risk of severe disease or death 10-fold or greater, and they reduce the risk of infection three-fold."

That last quote is completely unsupported by the very study/data they referenced throughout the article. The number of infected was disproportionally higher for vaccinated individuals and of those infected, the number hospitalized was disproportionately higher for vaccinated individuals...not the other way around...as one would expect based on what we are being told.

That isn't some anti-vax blogger extreme right nut job...that's a CNN article...telling me to get vaccinated...while quoting facts/data that suggest at a minimum...it makes no difference.

What am I missing? Serious question.

da grouch, double limit and widgeon like this.
  10. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

If you keep reading between the lines like that, some pandemic enthusiast will be saying you're a right wing nut job!

Good find by the way!

da grouch likes this.