Varmint gun and rounds

bwurts

Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking for opinions on the best varmit gun AND round for yotes that will do the least amount of damage to the hide.

thanks

SBEkiller

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I love my savage .223 with accutrigger topped with a leupold scope shooting black hills 55 grainers. Nothing really fancy or expensive except the scope, which was worth every penny, but does the job to as far out as I would ever want to shoot.

Shockwave

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Best round for minimizing fur damage is the full metal jacket. You may have to track a few yotes though.

duky

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
FMJ for sure... 204,223,22-250

B52-man

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
For accuracy,dependability,and affordability,it's hard to beat my Stevens model 200 in 22-250.:grvn

skiebuster

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
bwurts said:
looking for opinions on the best varmit gun AND round for yotes that will do the least amount of damage to the hide.

thanks
Any AR is better than a bolt action gun. I have been hunting yotes now with my 2 ar's for 2 years and wouldnt trade them for anything else.
Get a liteweight 18" barrel Bushmaster & 3-9x40 Luepold or Bushnell elite.
Fastet follow up shots youll ever see.

Tuck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
SBEkiller said:
I love my savage .223 with accutrigger topped with a leupold scope shooting black hills 55 grainers. Nothing really fancy or expensive except the scope, which was worth every penny, but does the job to as far out as I would ever want to shoot.

What he said:

I have the Savage Predator Hunter in .223, accutrigger, topped with Leupold 4-12X40 VXII, shooting Hornady's 55 gr VX. Nasty and super accurate.

goose-caller

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I mainly hunt with a bow is what I should have said there are days I will bust out the .223 or 12 gauge but you think shooting a coyote with a gun is fun wait til you do it with a bow.