Very few geese.

Langford

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Kent & Cecil have more geese since the weekend but still less than normal.

PaMike

Reaction score
You know another factor to consider with the slow trickle this year besides weather alone. Hunting pressure in the northern AP. With the 1 bird 30 day season for the entire U.S portion of the flyway . Guys considering it ain’t worth it, season closed most of the time and the weather , makes more sense, there’s a lot of goose “ refuges” to the north. Not saying it’s a bad thing , just a possible additional factor to the slow roll.

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You know another factor to consider with the slow trickle this year besides weather alone. Hunting pressure in the northern AP. With the 1 bird 30 day season for the entire U.S portion of the flyway . Guys considering it ain’t worth it, season closed most of the time and the weather , makes more sense, there’s a lot of goose “ refuges” to the north. Not saying it’s a bad thing , just a possible additional factor to the slow roll.

Maybe it will make a difference up there but it certainly didn't down here. Well other than duck marshes are more crowded with goose hunters...like me.

PaMike

Reaction score
So the marshes are less crowded when goose season is on. Good to note.

Scotty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So the marshes are less crowded when goose season is on. Good to note.
No, because people are duck hunting am and goose hunting pm.

Dirtybird420

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don’t kno much about goose hunting. We rode up 301 today past 213 to hope rd to get our Christmas tree. I saw 2 groups of geese adding to maybe 100 total. Pretty sad.

PaMike

Reaction score
Good to hear Marshbum.

Was in Kent and Cecil today with pit prep. It wasn’t pretty where I was. A few goose flocks flying early but it shut off quick . Haven’t been over since the second duck split but sure didn’t seem like many more birds that I saw at that time ,which seemed low for then . A couple of go to ponds I drove past had a “bunch” instead of a “s’ton” . Need snow pack in NY. A lot can happen in a couple weeks…I hope..

Latest posts