Very few geese.

beretta buster

Refuge Member
Reaction score
SE PA is loaded up pretty good with geese right now. My usual feeds and loafs are holding 500+ a piece. 10 day forecast is bleak for migration however, you all might be waiting on them for awhile yet. We can't do anything about it until we open back up Christmas Eve.

otis1223

Reaction score
Migration seems to be in effect now. Tons of geese over the past week up and down 95. NJ is stocked and they're making their way into northern MD/DE. Was out today for the DE opener and saw ~1,000 high fliers coming south - string after string of them. While it's late, and small, at least it's something...

wingsandwater

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Migration seems to be in effect now. Tons of geese over the past week up and down 95. NJ is stocked and they're making their way into northern MD/DE. Was out today for the DE opener and saw ~1,000 high fliers coming south - string after string of them. While it's late, and small, at least it's something...

That's good to hear. I hunted Kent Co, DE today and didn't see a single dark goose. Heard some locals bouncing around but they don't count. Didn't see a single duck or goose my whole ride home on Rt. 9. Decent flight of snows, duck numbers are the worst I've seen in recent memory. Scratched out 4, most got the skunk.

otis1223

Reaction score
Yeah I was in Kent too. Heard some, but a lot less shooting than usual. Everyone seemed to pack it in by 8 too...I ended up with 3 and should have had 5. D'oh!

slacktide

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
at work or behind the wheel driving to work...
Not sure what other people are observing. But it seems that there are as many if not more geese at our lease than many seasons past

Warm temperatures and no wind has the geese comfortably sitting safely in the muddle of the river after being bumped… based on first impressions it is going to be a good day and season ( not hard to do at one bird per man but you know what I mean)

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'd say we are at about 1/3 our goose numbers.

They are around, but I didn't see any fields or skies of black today.

Easton is pretty empty though.

PaMike

Reaction score
Steady flying today. Guys that hunted yesterday never pulled the trigger. Clouds helped a lot today. Drove around after we got our birds and saw a few spots loaded . It’s getting better and seemed like quite a few first year birds. I gage that by the number that came in despite my calling…