California Flyway Forum Sponsors

"Very Painful Two Weeks

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by George, Apr 1, 2020.

1. afmoto

afmoto Senior Refuge Member

I disagree, not "all the numbers are cherry picked". The total number is still unknown and likely understated, so it does indeed impact the reported percentages, but an understated figure based on 'best efforts' right now is not the same as 'cherry picked', it's just the best information we have at the moment. The number of people who end up in the hospital is definitely not cherry picked because we know exactly who they are and where they were admitted. Therefore, the percentage of those people who end up on ventilators is also a fact, and the percentage of those people on ventilators who DIE is another frightening fact. New York lost another 397 people yesterday and by the end of today, they will have lost more people in 2-3 weeks of this virus outbreak than they did on 9/11. Between New York and New Jersey, there are still over 115,000 active cases and a percentage of those people WILL die.

What people have to remember is that there is no 'cure' for a virus, we just need to find medications that will help treat the symptoms until there is a vaccine available. Literally the entire planet is working on medications and vaccines right now, and even the notoriously slow approval process in the US has been fast-tracked, so my hope is that medications will be out in the next couple of months and the vaccine will be done by the end of the year, if not sooner. Producing the vaccine on such a large scale and inoculating billions of people might be a different story, but chances are Americans will get the vaccine sooner than most other countries.

If anybody still thinks this ain't the 'real deal', you're just fooling yourself. We've known about the risk of such a global pandemic for decades, we just didn't really invest in the readiness for it actually happening. This will become a major priority for the US because nobody will want a repeat of the current pandemic and I doubt the 'Green New Deal' will get much traction anymore.

In 2015, Bill Gates gave a TED talk about us not being ready for an outbreak:

freefall likes this.
  2. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Guess cigarette deaths are completely accessible. "Yeah but that doesn't affect anyone else." Wrong!

upload_2020-4-3_10-0-47.png

3. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Turkey Hunters Forum Moderator

NorCal: watching the specks and sprig work
    Testing bias.
    We never test every person for the regular flu.
    Ergo testing everyone for COVID will not be comparable.

4. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

If someone has a heart attack right now or dies in an auto accident and tests positive for COVID-19 it’s being called a COVID-19 related death. They need numbers to justify destroying the world economy.

5. Tommyo

Tommyo Elite Refuge Member

Topline numbers are presented in the supposed curve estimation range. Tacking on cv19 as a cause of death is inaccurate. What really alarms me is the shelter in place starts out in kind of an advisory manner, then some inconsistencies happen, next thing government is judging essential vs. Non-essential activity and enterprise.

Mean Gene likes this.
  6. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

Yes, I stressed that point earlier in thread...much of Italy and other foreign countries have done just this.

7. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator

Yep...

...and yep.

8. afmoto

Who is "they"? And what motivation would "they" have to "destroy the world economy" under the false pretenses you're insinuating? Conspiracy theories are always fun but you gotta come up with the 'who' and the 'why'.

5 stand likes this.
  9. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Thought it was pretty self explanatory. The only way to justify shelter in place orders if for people to die from the disease caused by the virus. It’s not happening on a scale to justify the damage to the economy, so the death toll numbers need to be cooked. No conspiracy theory. It’s happening.

Who - Pick your poison. Our Government to begin with.

The why is clear.

JuvieCoot likes this.
  10. afmoto

I'm not that smart, you'll have to enlighten me.

"Who" in the government? Trump? The Democrats? The illuminati? The freemasons?

And "why"? Who benefits from deliberately wrecking their country's economy for no good reason? Since both India and Russia locked down their people, are they in on it too? A third of the global population is on lockdown, are all those countries trying to wreck their economies too?

You may have read the quote “there are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy”, and that's actually a significant risk in poorer countries, like India. That might be an even greater risk than the virus itself. So "who" benefits from potential anarchy and "why" would anyone want to see the breakdown of economies and society in general?

Seriously, I don't get it. If you have an explanation, I would gladly hear it.

5 stand and sacbob like this.