Video from Benelli Ethos BEST

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Drundel, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Opening day of Teal Season in TX.

I tried to put most of the details in the playlist, but this is the first teal hunt with it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgX3uNTrxVdIIUDgcH5S61vPYmNCZKzjp

So far I'm liking the gun, but the magazine cap without a swivel attached is just stupid. The Ethos BEST is the same price as the SBE3 BEST, MSRP $2199 and the SBE3 comes with two extended chokes and a magazine cap with swivel attachment, but the Ethos comes with only flush chokes and no swivel attachment. Dumb.

But having been shooting a SBE2 since they came out, I'm shooting a flat rib gun well and I like the lighter weight gun. I'm getting a little older and slower (I need to run and lift more) and I'm hoping with the lighter gun I can swing it faster. So far I've been able to pick up fast teal trying to buzz by and hit them, so I'm happy.

Day 2 video needs some editing and notes on my part. We had more people and I shot more, so I need to watch them again and take notes. At first glance it looks like I shot over my limit but there were many group shots and there were a lot of "I hit that one!" types.

2. twodog

twodog Refuge Member

Glad to hear you are happy with the gun. How did it feel shooting duck loads compared to the dove loads from your previous video? Thanks!

3. Drundel

No red marks that's for sure. I shot about 35 times on Sunday, I was fine. I shot 16 times today and again, totally fine.

I e-mailed Benelli but no luck, I'm gonna give it a few more days then call them. That magazine cap is just stupid.

4. twodog

twodog Refuge Member

That’s great to hear about the recoil. I can not wait to get my hands on one. Considering buying it sight unseen but that’s a bit of a leap of faith for me. Yes, the magazine cap is a disappointing but a new cap on Midwest is $67. Thank you for reaching out to me. Good luck and enjoy the new gun.

5. Drundel

6. 43x

43x Elite Refuge Member

Were these taken with a Shotkam.?

7. Drundel

Yes. There is a link in my sig.

8. 43x

43x Elite Refuge Member

Lol, didn’t notice your sig. How you like the shotkam ? Had any problems with it ?
    Thanks

9. Tex68w

Tex68w Refuge Member

Interesting that they don't give you extended chokes, the sling swivel mag cap or a carbon fiber rib on the Ethos BEST. In comparison to the SBE3 BEST it appears that you are getting a lot less for the same money. Regardless, it looks like you did quite well with it. What part of Texas were you hunting in?

I got after Teal on Sunday with the SBE3 BEST for it's first hunt and it faired quite well. I am very happy with the purchase and I am looking forward to this season and the many hunts I have planned. Hopefully most pan out and the birds are better than the last few seasons from what I remember. I am praying for a solid cold snap this winter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ronaldo likes this.
  10. Drundel

I like it. I had a first gen tactacam and shot it apart, (not really) but it can't take the recoil. I had it warrantied out and sold it.

This is my 2nd shotkam and while nothing is perfect, I do like it. Sometimes it doesn't stop recording, but over all, its great to record my hunts and help me see what I'm doing wrong; lately its stopping my swing early.

It does have a carbon fiber rib, but not the others. Yea, I'm not happy about the part as its the same price as the SBE3 BEST. I will be calling Benelli later and complaining. Where did you buy yours? Does yours have the shell indicator? On the bottom of the foregrip I can see how many shells are in the mag tube. Neat feature, but I always just try to put in another shell. I like the charging handle too.

Eagle Lake area.

I have a SBE1/SBE2 and wanted a little lighter gun, so far happy.

Tex68w likes this.