Vin Scully....

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..dead at 94. 94???? Where did that time go?

I think this was his greatest call....an announcer who knew when to shut the fork up and let it play. :tu

HaydenHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Great moment in baseball history. As a Giants fan and Dodger hater, I clearly remember this 34 year old event. I was the sole Northern California Giants / Athletics fan sitting in a hotel room with a bunch of Southern California Dodger fan co-workers...I was down there for a trade show...and I was telling them how Oakland was going to dominate and sweep the series. Until that moment. I remember how Gibson's home run took the wind out of my sails. And I remember Vin Scully's call.

Years later, driving 40K+ miles a year across the great expanse of the western US, listening to my XM radio, I would tune in to Dodger games. Not because I didn't still hate the Dodgers, but because I wanted to hear Vin Scully call the games. He was truly special.

ducknwork

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Joe Davis is good, but it sure has not been the same watching Dodgers games since he retired. There can’t ever be another like him.

ducknwork

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Hard to beat Vin’s final call at home-extra inning walk off with the division on the line-

ducknutz

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Was at his final broadcast game which was, ironically, at SF against the Giants. Truly one of a kind. About the only part of the Dodgers I didn't hate! :l

Dek

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You could hate the Dodgers, like every Giants fan, but appreciate Scully. Heck, he called "The Catch" which set the stage for many Niner memories. I still almost want to puke every time I hear Gibsons home run. I grew up an A's fan, no clue how many games dad took me to at the Oakland coliseum back in the day. But that wasn't Scully's fault, he was just the voice that keeps it living forever!

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had Harey Carey here when I was a kid and he was in his prime, and then Jack Buck...and I always hated the Dodgers....Scully didn't have to take a back seat to either of them. :tu

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Dizzy Dean. "He slud into thurd base.":l:l:l