Vintage Old Gunning Decoys

Discussion in 'Refuge Gang Classifieds' started by Uncle.Lou, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Uncle.Lou

Uncle.Lou Senior Refuge Member

Each docoy weighs approximately 3 1/2 pounds, solid black cork from old meat packing freezers to Cleveland, Ohio. These decoys are from 1960 era, used on Sandusky Bay, layout boat shooting. Gunning off some of the oldest shooting clubs in the county, Ottawa and Wintos Point, which is now Muddy Creek Bay. NO TWO DECOYS ARE THE SAME. Black decoy size is approximately 15” long , 7” wide , 4 1/2 “ tall (not measuring the 1 1/l2 “ keels.)

Canvasback size is approximately 15” long, 8 1/2 “ wide and 4” tall (Not. Measuring the keel)
    I personally help carved these decoys in the mid 1960’s with my father and grandfather .

The wooden Heads have been replaced with the Herters 72 Heads. Look at the pictures closely, each decoy cork compostion (for texture) is different.
    With these decoys being over 55 years old, they are still one of the most indestructible decoys on the market today.(Besides the Herterj 72 Heads)
    Own a piece up waterfowl history! $50 per set. Shipping to be calculated.
    Contact Scott via text or voicemail at 216-409-9548

Attached Files:

2. Jjm

Jjm Refuge Member

Can you send me pics of the bottom?

3. Uncle.Lou

Uncle.Lou Senior Refuge Member

Here is some more pictures if you have any questions you can give me a call 216-409-9548 and leave a message thank you

Attached Files: