Vinyl wrapped boat

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Cootsmashfever, May 5, 2021.

1. Cootsmashfever

Cootsmashfever Senior Refuge Member

I was really thinking about giving my boat a paint job until I saw these wraps. I know I could break it up with some Parker’s or rattle cans but this looked way easier. Does anyone have any experience?

2. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

Fishing boat. Ok.

It scratches to much for a duck boat.

bill cooksey likes this.
  3. wingsandwater

wingsandwater Senior Refuge Member

I talked to a guy at the ramp who had his motor wrapped. Looked good at 0'dark thirty as I launched next to him. He said it's held up but shines. That's the deal killer for me.

4. Cootsmashfever

I didn’t think about the shine, the easy way never works out lol

5. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

To the wrapped boat guys...
    Mind if I shoot your swing ducks?

6. Cootsmashfever

Betty you can shoot my swing ducks any day

7. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

I can remember shooting geese I'm the morning in the fields, got some real early and decided to go set up for divers for a couple hours behind my house. Some guys were set up in a bay about 400 yds away, and I set up on a point for divers, which were moving around with a stiff wind. Their boat was fully camo, but they were facing into the sun, and I could see those 3 bright pink faces very clearly, and the glare off their motor nearly blinded me. I limited quickly on some bills and cans, and swung by them on the way out. They had a wrap on the motor as well. I told them what I saw, and the guy cursed and said he wondered why the birds were flaring and not finishing.bvi didn't mention the bright pink faces. They should be able to figure that out on their own.

Tuleman likes this.
  8. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

This is the correct answer. Unless you only hunt open water, don't expect it to last a season. Several years ago, a BASS pro in an Elite Series event in Arkansas had found bass in an area he could only get in via an aluminum duck boat. Natural Gear put a new wrap on that boat every day because it was destroyed just getting in and out of the area.

JP and oleww like this.
  9. Cootsmashfever

10. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

I put some brown shelf paper on my white Johnson outboard one year. It too shined so I dusted it with some spray paint. Was able to remove it after the season