Visit to Eau Claire

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by techfowl, Jul 16, 2019.

1. techfowl

techfowl Elite Refuge Member

Heading to Eau Claire next week for a baseball tournament with my 15 yo. Any good eats that I need to check out or sites to see, things to do?

2. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

3. Wiscoduckhunt

Wiscoduckhunt Senior Refuge Member

We have all the chain restaurants. Famous daves, Buffalo Wild Wings Texas Roadhouse red lobster ect ... But the best of those is Grizzlies wood fire grill and Milwaukee burger company. Best Mexican (still just marginal) tequila azul.

Best spot to get a drink and a real dinner if hangin out with other adults is Stella blues. No other spot is close. If you are fancy beer guy lazy monk brewing is a good stop.

Leinenkugels in Chippewa as mentioned.

If you got a free evening take 37 down to Nelson bottoms. There is an awesome smoke house in Nelson. It is the confluence of the Chippewa and the mighty miss ...the bluffs are a real site ... about an hour each way plus a nap for the before mentioned bbq coma.

4. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

Cowboy Jacks has a nice outdoor area for a group to hang out for a bit and have some drinks. Good menu, I have never been disappointed. Nice area and places for kids to roam along the river. Near HWY 53. between 29 and 94. We go here alot when we visit my kids.

I also like the Northern tap houses(by the mall) fish tacos and tenderlon tacos. Good beer selection as well.

5. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Speaking of fish tacos, bring tubes, go down the river. Your son will thank you.

Ratboy and pud123 like this.
  6. canpoint

Funny you say that, he did that today:) Fished and drank!!!

7. Grand Passage

Grand Passage Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

We were there two summers ago for a tournament with my daughter's softball team. We hit Milwaukee Burger Company and Pizza Ranch with the team, both were good places to go with the kids. Not much time to do sightseeing in the area though when the kids are playing 3-5 games a day.

8. techfowl

techfowl Elite Refuge Member

Thanks guys. Not sure how much down time we will have either, we will be up there Thursday possibly through Monday if we do well.
    Appreciate the info.

9. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

Man I tore up that town in college. I think I'd be arrested on site if I showed face there again. The ECPD got me a few times.

As mentioned, there is usually good tuna on the Chip river doing a float. Mike's Smokehouse was the best. Wish it didn't close down. Shanghai Bistro is good if you like Asian. If you need breakfast go to Altoona Family Restaurant.

10. canpoint

Good point about ALtoona Family restrauraunt, even if you go for a piece of pie!!! Great home cooking.