Vols welfare check

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Let's be honest, the last 3rd of the season is pretty much meaningless for all but a handful of teams regardless of the system used and bowl games would mean more if there were less of them. Handing out bowl games to any team with a pulse because they miraculously finished the season 1 game above 500 has nothing to do with the playoff system.

If I believed that I wouldn’t watch a game.

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Conferences chasing the $$$$ of a championship game probably rethinking them after tcu and usc played themselves out of the bcs

If it holds should be ga vs al and mi vsosu first round

Sam Ortmann

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Conferences chasing the $$$$ of a championship game probably rethinking them after tcu and usc played themselves out of the bcs

If it holds should be ga vs al and mi vsosu first round
I’d assume they put a one loss tcu in over a two loss Bama team.
Anyways, Tulane is going to the cotton bowl so I don’t care what else happens.

Bclick

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Tcu vs GA, curb stomp right there. All the talk of michigan being back might last all of 3 weeks

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm torn because in my mind, and this is contingent on a Michigan win, but you have UGA and UM...then a pile of teams you can make a case for. Best record? Best resume? Best team?

TCU has a far better record then Bama...but do I think they can take Bama?

OSU is getting in by doing absolutely nothing.

I don't know.

Then there's the whole ranking TCU above OSU so we don't have a UM OSU rematch but Georgia clearly deserves to play TCU.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Won’t make a difference for the VOLS, they’re out.

As they should be. And so should every other team not named Georgia or Michigan. There have only been a couple of years when three teams can be argued, and there have never been four…at least if you care about the thing which made college football special…the importance of every regular season game.

Only other thing I’ll say about UT is the playoff committee lost all credibility when they tossed out their own published criteria for ranking and place AL ahead of them…every one of their own established criteria was set aside. Again, the Vols don’t deserve to play, and, once again, only two teams do.

College football playoffs are a joke which makes a mockery of the season.