"W"hiskey "T"ango "F"oxtrot is up with ammo? (Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc...)

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by ButchA, Jul 27, 2020.

1. ButchA

ButchA Elite Refuge Member

<disclaimer>
    I hope this is the right forum for this topic...
    </disclaimer>

Has anyone ventured out to Cabela's or Bass Pro recently? I was there looking at fishing supplies, treble hooks, etc.. and decided to scan the ammo sections. I couldn't believe my eyes!

Shotgun shells, shotgun shells, shotgun shells... shelf upon shelf of Winchester SuperX 12ga, 20ga, 28ga & 410ga. #7 shot, #9 skeet shot, etc... NO buckshot at all!

Cabela's must have just recently re-stocked the rifle section, as they have .243 .270 .30-06, etc... rifle ammo. The handgun section is all but cleaned out and stripped bare! All I saw at Cabela's were 9 boxes of .38spl semi-wadcutter target rounds. 9mm...GONE. .45 ACP... GONE. [​IMG]

Bass Pro -- same as Cabela's with the shotgun shells. Except at Bass Pro, the whole entire handgun ammo section was totally stripped bare and totally GONE! [​IMG]

I asked a clerk at Cabela's who was nearby and he kind of chuckled and said, "The stuff is gone as soon we get it! People order 'bricks' ahead of time and come pick it up!"

It's getting crazy out there! [​IMG]

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Not sure what you don't understand.

Riots, protests, murders....Oh, and presidential election year.

ButchA likes this.
  3. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

The SoCal (Rancho Cucamonga) BPS/Cabela's has an entrance for guns and ammo that's backed up with limited entry. All other customers can enter and shop at their leisure.

4. oleww

oleww Senior Refuge Member

5. meat hunter

meat hunter Senior Refuge Member

Palmetto state armory, 1000rds of federal 223, 2 months ago, averaged around d 289.00. Was like that for the past year or so.

Today, 599.00. ***. Sold out of 9mm.
    Good thing I stocked up under Obama.

6. ButchA

Here's another update... I can only assume people with 9mm's, .45's, and of course AR's, decided to dust off the old Mossberg 12ga from the closet, and are now buying HD shotgun shells.

Check out the stores again. Yes, even Walmart... 7½ pheasant loads, #6 rabbit loads, #9 skeet, maybe #2 steel loads for ducks & geese. Box after box after box after box on the shelves!

BUT, ABSOLUTELY NO #00 BUCK AT ALL!

7. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

All of my local gun shops are limiting you to two boxes of ammo. Typically, they are sold out of everything handgun related within a half an hour of the shipment arriving. I make a trip weekly to several gun shops to obtain ammo. Fortunately, I am pretty well set on shotgun ammo and I can reload that!

ButchA likes this.
  8. ButchA

Green Top (the local "mom 'n pop" store here in town that expanded) now has signs in the store saying something like "We reserve the right to limit out ammo inventory" and another sign of the (gone) 9mm rack saying, "Only 1 box per customer"!! :eek:

I talk to a retired LEO friend of mine quite often and he tells me (duh! like we don't already know!) that this crazy stuff is going to get worse, and be just like Nov '08 after Obama first won. Remember that? Everybody wigged out and bought everything they could!!