Wader woes

gock5

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My 6-7 yr old Cabela's SuperMags just bit the dust today. Luckily it was a "warm day" here. Just ordered the Rogers Elite 2in1 Insulated Breathable Waders. Got them for $269.99, $80 off previous listing. Think I got a good deal. Good reviews.

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
Rogers Elite 2in1 Insulated Breathable Waders

I got those before the season started. Took the insulation out for 2 hunts, working good so far. Gonna put the insulation back in for the next hunt (6 degrees, possible)

dubob

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
My 6-7 yr old Cabela's SuperMags just bit the dust today. Luckily it was a "warm day" here. Just ordered the Rogers Elite 2in1 Insulated Breathable Waders. Got them for $269.99, $80 off previous listing. Think I got a good deal. Good reviews.
You DID get a good deal on them. I ordered mine on 10/06/2019 and paid $299.99; $50 off. I've used them without the liner for 5 hunts so far and they are great. Like Native NV said, I'll be putting the liner in for the rest of this week as the temps are going to range between 13 and 35 for the next 4 days. I wear a size 11/11.5 shoe and ordered the 11 boot. Not cramped so far with heavy socks and the ankle fit is tight, a good thing as our marsh muck is of the boot sucking variety.

I have another comment about leaks. I've been preaching on a couple of these threads about the virtues of the FLEXSEAL products for sealing leaks on waders. There has been absolutely no feedback on it from anybody. Usually, the members here will let you know one way or the other what they think of just about any suggestion. I'm not looking to get heaped on, but thought the lack of responses to be odd.

rtjrex & MollyAnn

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
OK, OK, OK..... I have put it on 3 different pair. The spray on didn't work so well but the liquid worked like a champ! Wonderful product. I have not used the tape because the liquid worked so well.
To find a leak, there are many different ways. I found that the easiest way was to turn the waders inside out the best you can and either stick a hose from a compressor or the blower from a vacuum, or a leaf blower from the open end and gather up the upper end as best you can then hold it shut with a belt or whatever and blow them up. Take a spray bottle with some liguid soap in it and spray the seams. BINGO! leak found. AND NO MESS...

Me & Maggs.......

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well maybe they think you are a FLEXSEAL Prostaffer? Just messin' witcha! IMO I think there may be some merit on that: spray the seams inside & out w/the clear?

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
There has been absolutely no feedback on it from anybody.

Well, I had some old Mucks that were cracked up. I put a nice coat of flex seal all around the uppers.
Within a week, it was also cracked, peeling, and useless. Never again. SG-20 for me now, with a tight weave netting patch if it is more than a pinhole.

hunting1

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You DID get a good deal on them. I ordered mine on 10/06/2019 and paid $299.99; $50 off. I've used them without the liner for 5 hunts so far and they are great. Like Native NV said, I'll be putting the liner in for the rest of this week as the temps are going to range between 13 and 35 for the next 4 days. I wear a size 11/11.5 shoe and ordered the 11 boot. Not cramped so far with heavy socks and the ankle fit is tight, a good thing as our marsh muck is of the boot sucking variety.

I have another comment about leaks. I've been preaching on a couple of these threads about the virtues of the FLEXSEAL products for sealing leaks on waders. There has been absolutely no feedback on it from anybody. Usually, the members here will let you know one way or the other what they think of just about any suggestion. I'm not looking to get heaped on, but thought the lack of responses to be odd.
Just bought a can 10 minutes ago. I'm hoping it picks up where the last 7 tubes of aquaseal left off

dubob

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score

dubob

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Within a week, it was also cracked, peeling, and useless.
Sorry to hear that. I've been using it on waders for the last 4 years and have not had that experience. And no, I'm not a FLEXSEAL rep. Haven't done anything but play for the last 15 years. I just recommend products that IMHO work.

Latest posts