Waders

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by dubob, Sep 17, 2019.

1. dubob

dubob Senior Refuge Member

We are fast approaching the season and I'm in the market for a wader upgrade. I've been using breathables in the early season for about 10 years. Great when its warm as it almost always is up until about mid November. When the skim ice starts forming, I bring out the big boy wader with the 1600 gram boots. Nice and warm, but not nearly as comfortable to wear as the breathables. So, I'm intrigued by the new insulated breathables that have the removable insulation for early season use.

My research shows me that they are now readily available and in line, cost wise, with premium neoprene waders. I've been conversing with both Frogg Toggs and Rogers Sporting Goods. I found out (confirmed) that Frogg Toggs does in fact make the Rogers product. Both have a zip in/out liner with color coded zippers to correctly match the legs every time. The standard set comes with 120 gram insulation and 1200 gram boots. New this year (but not out just yet) will be an extreme model that will have 220 gram insulation and 1600 gram boots. I'm waiting for the newer extreme sets.

I would be very interested to hear from any of you that already have a set from either company as to quality and warmth.

I also looked at Banded, but was told by Macks Prairie Wings store clerk that Banded does not have a removable insulation component.

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Post this on the main forum and you might get more looks / replies.

3. dubob

dubob Senior Refuge Member

Thanks; did & done.