Waiting for his award...

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't need to know that. I need to know what my antibody levels are before and after each variant. The Drs. don't even know what variant you have. You have to trust the CDC and the govt. for that information if it's that important to you. :yes :l
You claimed you had Delta? I asked you and am asking you how you know that?

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'll know whether I'm still protected or not, and whether I gained more immunity from the latest variant. I'll take every single bit of information about the state of my health that I can get. The same reason I get a full physical with full blood screen, EKG, stress test, prostate exam, and hearing test every year, and colonoscopy every 5 years. The more I know about my health the easier it is to have some peace of mind making decisions. I have 30 years of health records to compare.

Do you go to the dentist every year? Yearly eye exam? If not, why? if so, what do you do with THAT information.....you make decisions about your health.

Seems to me that, today, knowing the level of covid antiobodies I carry is as important as any of the other numbers.....so I do it.
I would like to have this done.

How do these antibodies get rated? What scale? What level you at Grif?

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My 88 year old MIL had the Delta variant when I did. She never had a fever or O2 levels under 96. We all likely just got through omicron based on our sniffles, the amount of positive people we were exposed to, and the virility of this variant. We all have previously tested for antibodies with positive results. None of us got tested for Covid this time around, but we didn't go out in public for a week. We are all good....still unvaxxed, and will remain that way.

The NCAA now considers prior infected athletes as "fully vaxxed"....at least from the latest guidelines I saw for Track and Field from my son's GF. That's smart.

The response by WHO, the CDC, and our govt. to this virus has been the biggest travesty of my lifetime.....and no way my family is following ANY of their guidelines unless they happen to line up with informed decisions we have already made.
So in this post you really didn’t know who had what strain as mentioned above correct?

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
FWIW: According to the Mayo Clinic folks, it can take two to three weeks to develop enough antibodies to be detected in an antibody test, so it's important that you're not tested too soon.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/covid-19-antibody-testing/about/pac-20489696
Thanks API.
I am really curious on the levels Grif mentioned he is getting and keeping track of.

I didn’t notice any of that in your link. Testing, positive, negative, and false positive info but nothing on what level and how the scale is leveled.

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
Thanks API.
I am really curious on the levels Grif mentioned he is getting and keeping track of.

I didn’t notice any of that in your link. Testing, positive, negative, and false positive info but nothing on what level and how the scale is leveled.
One caveat is that the Mayo article is dated May 06, 2021, so that factor ought to be kept in mind.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in this post you really didn’t know who had what strain as mentioned above correct?

Dude...you're goofy. :l

Before Delta was even around 2 of us had covid. Then when the Delta wave hit the rest of us got covid. We all have a baseline of antibody tests from those infections. Now there is omicron....we either had it or we didn't. Pretty impossible not to based on our exposure, but nobody got more than a sniffle, and nobody wanted to be tested. Once this variant is gone we'll all get another antibody test.....we'll see what change there has been, if any.

How hard is it to monitor one's own health. :l :l

Lip Shooter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
One caveat is that the Mayo article is dated May 06, 2021, so that factor ought to be kept in mind.
I figured Grof was just BSing and reading his response confirms. Thanks for the link.

Latest posts