Waterfowl Season 2020

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by Neighbor Guy, Sep 25, 2020.

1. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Froze up pretty good last night. Only thing we
    can hope for now is either a thaw or the edge ice gets thick enough to push a small boat out to the edge of the open water. Hate to not hunt a few November whistlers.

2. Andy B

Andy B New Member

The rush is on for birds to get the h-ll out of here. Pond is froze up solid only took a couple hours here this evening. Some crazy stuff. Haven't even seen one of these this far east in almost 30 years. Got a call from a buddy south metro says he had a big flock of snows on his Minnesota river backwater he lives near. Snows. He hasn't seen snows in over a decade. I'm sure big water diver guys are still going to do great and there are still good days of field hunting left. But wow. Pond hunting over October 22nd.

Attached Files:

Neighbor Guy likes this.
  3. Beaverpond

Beaverpond New Member

Uffda even the rivers are frozen this morning. I had planned on hunting tomorrow AM on a river full of ringnecks, looks like they’re all gone now. I’m guessing the big lakes still have plenty of goldeneyes and buffies, but I don’t have time for an excursion like that on a week day.

There’s still birds to be had, but the bulk of the migration came and went in the last two weeks. Might be spending a little more time chasing deer this November.

Neighbor Guy likes this.
  4. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Many flocks of Canadas going south over me when deer hunting this afternoon. Between Detroit Lakes and Moorhead.

5. RingbillRon

RingbillRon New Member

Not much for Ducks south of the metro. The regular groups of geese are around in decent numbers.