Waterproofing question?

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Vanilla, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

I have a 'waterproof' coat that is not quite as waterproof as I would like it to be. Does anybody have any suggestions for a good waterproofing agent for hunting gear that doesn't quite meet the mark for waterproofing?

2. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

I've had the misfortune to own a few of these items, and the way I've handled these things in the past---Deseret Industries.
    R

3. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

You can get a spray can of waterproof sealer and follow the directions on the can.

Most every retail hunting outlet carries some brand of it as well as Walmart. In Walmart it's usually in he camping stuff.

It will usually last for a couple of washings then you will have to reapply it.

I mostly agree with R, I junk those items and buy quality stuff now

4. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

I'm well aware of the quality Gore-Tex upgrade option. I'm just having a hard time biting the bullet to buy what I'd want in camo. They really bend us over on that stuff. I happen to REALLY like this jacket, and it is great for everything except when in a good, steady rain. So I'm not interested in chucking it entirely.

Thanks for the suggestions fellers. I was really wondering if those spray on treatments actually worked. Because that would be a great option to be able to spray the coat before using it in a big rain.